Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

This is a fun tool...........

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Squarebanks 
#1 ·
#4 · (Edited)
AHHHH :eek:penarms:

I might need knobies then :D

#6 ·
Well plan is to head for your neck of the woods around September, and stay 3 months and travel the country. So It might cost you a coffee:wink2:

#9 · (Edited)
Without getting into too much detail, ONCE I decided to get gas in the next town, only to discover they were closed for the night, eventually we ran out of gas and were stranded in the middle of no where in the middle of the night, over 100 KM from the nearest gas.

So now, when I am getting low, and there is a open gas station, I gas up, don't want to walk and don't want to fry the fuel pump, and as to the cost of the trip, if cost for fuel on the bike was a concern, then I wouldn't have a bike , insurance; gear; farkles etc..

Total cost ===:yeahsmile::guilty::cheers:and when I am on the bike on a trip I:grin2:

#8 · (Edited)
Games gas stations play

So my area is made up of three large cities, that as they grew merged , so many people have no idea when they cross city lines. We have over 60 gas stations including independent stations. On a typical day, I will use ESSO as a example, one location may be $ .10 lower than the ESSO 10 blocks away. Gas Buddy displays the lowest price, when it was posted and by who.

So while running errands I may need gas, typical savings using Gas Buddy is $0.06 to 0.10 per liter X 30 liters = $1.80 to $3.00, coffee and coffee and cookie.

Price today South of me is $0.779 with average $0.799 and North of me $0.919-------20 minutes later all the stations within 100 KM East of me are at $0.809.

And that is how a typical day is in Central Ontario. On the Weekend, the stations take a two to three hour turn ( one at a time, random locations) at posting a $0.10 or better drop, to use up old gas, and P off the people collecting info for Gas Buddy.

I see people line up for gas, I just take advantage of the station with the lowest price at the time that is on my way home.

In the winter, never go below 3/8 of a tank, unless I am doing a long trip and need more than a full tank to get home.

:yeahsmile:

Thank You for subscribing to Gas Buddy ******Coming to a City near you :rolleyes:
:exactly:

#12 ·
Way cool!

It even shows each gas station you should stop at, and their estimated gas cost! Cost from Anchorage Alaska to Cocoa Beach Florida (making the move this May), is $202.

That's awesome. I will definitely have to make sure the family knows about this. We will be driving down with 3 cars and me on the bike.

Thanks for sharing!

-Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.