Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - White Knuckle Motorsports
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 11:23 AM
Wolfcamp

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DOG View Post
You got a bigger pair than me. Pick a new/untested ride and proceed around great expanses of nowhere with doubtful support? I applaud your confidence.
He'll be OK. I've purchased several bikes via fly-n-ride before and never had a problem. All it takes is a bit of planning.

My longest distance purchase was Seattle from Houston. Flew up there in February with my heated gear in my luggage and rode the new bike home via I-5 to LA then east on I-10. Before leaving I checked snow cover maps for road conditions and weather reports for fog and rain. I took disposable luggage on the plane up there (bought @ 2nd hand store) , then tossed it after loading everything in the new bike's panniers. It was a very enjoyable ride home and I was toasty warm thanks to the Gerbings.

By the way,when on a long trip, I usually avoid big cities as much as possible. On the Seattle trip however, I rode right through Los Angeles on a Sunday morning about 6:30 AM. Breezed right through, not much traffic at all.

2016 Versys 650 LT, Orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome