Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - Versys 300-x
Thread: Versys 300-x
View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 09:05 PM
motociclista

Two things struck me about the Versys 300 X when we got details.

Interesting: I judge bikes starting with the tires, more so than looks. The Versys line, until now, has been about street bikes, in my mind, because of the 17-inch tires. I know, I don't want to get into the debate about off-road capability, but I see a distinction with the V-Strom line, for example, with 19-inch front wheels that open up easy options for dual-sport tires. The odd thing is that the small Versys departs from that with a more dirt-oriented tire and the new small V-Strom departs from tradition with more street-oriented front tire. I'm not sure I understand what either manufacturer was thinking when they changed course.

Odd: The price. The little Versys is more expensive than the BMW G 310 R and probably will be more expensive than the comparable G 310 GS once pricing is out on that model. Since when is the Kawasaki more expensive than the BMW?

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome