Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - RAISING THE '16 for repairs
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 10:11 PM
onewizard
Super Moderator

What are You doing On the Front

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsad View Post
onewizard, sorry, don't have the $375 nor can i weld. the postings in the other forums all seem complicted and i don't have the capability of using a cable hoist on the front end. i was hoping for something simple and inexpensive, a hard combination. duffy has an answer that might work for me with the bike on a rear, harbor freight lift that i learned about on this forum.
i share your trepidation on the muffler lifting. i also prefer to be safe than sorry.
The stand that was just posted by quexpress is similar to what I use on the rear. Let me say in all the years I have owned motorcyles, 40 plus, the lifting of the front was less than 10 times in 40 years. The only reason I would have is for repairing a flat, removing the front wheel for a tire change, is the only one that won't work with my prop stand, that is where a triple tree stand comes into play, I don't own one. Others have used the side stand and foot pegs, using engine stands, in fact somewhere on this forum, my 07 bike was on the lift with engine stands under the foot pegs , as I was working on the front wheel. To get the bike up on the engine stands was done with a small trolley jack.Also used engine stands on rear bobins. Photo is 07
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160130_194602603.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	116817  

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome