Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - When did this become appropriate?
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 08:27 AM
ItsForrest

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in Sunny Fl View Post
Maybe I wasn't clear... It's not just whatever the original personal lifestyle statement is, it's that' it's generally followed with a thumb in the eye statement like "If you don't like it, it's because you're a small minded bigot" .

EXAMPLE - "I worship flying granola bars as my god; if you don't agree with me you are a small minded bigot"

steve
Welcome to the human race.

I have always liked the saying that offense cannot be given, only taken. This is a perfect example.
Just as when you are at a party or any social gathering, you have the ultimate choice over whom you converse with. If you don't like what someone is saying you have three choices; argue and start a fight, complain to others about how you disagree with the other(s) in the first conversation or leave and look for a different conversation. I have done all three but these days I strive to stick to option #3 as the others are never productive.

We are within a few years of age. I have spent way too much time on a variety of Internet forums over the years, starting way back with usenet and email discussion groups. Nothing has changed. Politics and religion are always going to be touchy and no one will ever change their political or religious views based on online "discussion".

The urge to buy terrorizes

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome