Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - Continental TKC80 or Shinko 705?
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 04:56 PM
AlaskaJeff

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbSchultz1971 View Post
I'll check what's available in the stock size. I don't want to go bigger (except possibly the rear width). Looks like it's narrowed down. I didn't here anything about the Shinko 705's although I trust the members reviews as opposed to the big retailers. Thanks everyone! Go Pats by the way!!
Most decent 17" ADV tires seem to be in the 150 size for the rear, I've seen some 160 stock sizes but they are limited. The front tire selection is VERY limited in any 17" application. There has been a few more added recently Vee Rubber I know added some. As for the Bias & radial combo, it's not ideal but very doable. Many have done it with no problem. Maybe total street high HP and MPH bikes it's probably a bigger deal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome