Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - Continental TKC80 or Shinko 705?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 02:09 PM
AlaskaJeff

Garage
My recommendation with 12K miles of ridden data behind me has to be the TKC80 (stock 120) front and the Mitas E07 (150) Dakar for the rear. I had run a K60 for about 8500 miles and never had any problems with it in the rain, maybe our Alaskan asphalt is different? It did well on and off road, but the Mitas has done better for me. The TKC is the only tire I will run in the front. I've always been an advocate of having the best possible traction in the front. For the simple fact if you loose traction with the front tire you more than likely will be going down, so set yourself up with the best chance for staying upright as you can. The wear on the TKC in the front will be 10K+ miles if properly balanced (I use Dyna beads) and inflated. They do make a TKC80 to fit the rear but you will be lucky to get 5-6K miles on it. Not sure why but that's what I've seen. The K60 or the E07 rear will give you 10-12K easy. You now have my .02 hope it helps

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)

Last edited by AlaskaJeff; 02-05-2017 at 02:13 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome