Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - Shocker! Victory is done.
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 11:56 AM
twowheeladdict

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
A switchback, which I think is part of the Dyna lineup, is $22K CDN on the showroom floor before taxes and dealer charges. On the other hand a BMW 1200 GS, at least the base model, has I think an MSRP of 21K CDN. The HD dealership has large touring bikes on the showroom floor with prices tags on them on them above $40K CDN. That's the price of a really nice luxury car.

I was given a $100 HD gift certificate a year back. I blew it on an albeit well made with embroidery instead of silk screening, long sleeve T shirt, that came to $100 with our 13% sales tax at the dealership. Walmart used to and perhaps still do sell HD T shirts for $12.
Damn! And you have to put up with cold weather as well. Sure hope the pay scale up there compensates. I believe I read that the average income in the US was around $48,000. Industrial States are more like $70,000.

Just did a quick search and saw that the Median Family income in Canada is $76,000, and $54,000 in the US.

Not sure how your socialized medicine works up there, but here I get $115 deducted out of my pay check every two weeks for my portion of health care. I have $900 more out of pocket per year in the form of deductibles and then still pay a co-pay or percentage for medical care up to $8000 a year cap.

My recent back surgery is going to cost me over $3000 out of pocket so I will have spent about $6000 to have insurance to cover this surgery.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome