Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - Installing a Shinko E705 w/ zip-ties
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
fasteddiecopeman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Streak View Post
...It only took 6 to install a Michelin PR4. It works really well - the hardest part is threading the zip ties between the tire and the rim, but with a little practice it is not too bad. Just tighten each zip tie until the beads meet in the center. I used RUGLIDE on the bead to make it slide on and off the rim easily. I bought a gallon of it (lifetime supply) at my auto parts store because that is the smallest quantity they had. I have also seen people use Windex to lubricate the bead with good results.
IF I read your post correctly - you used zip-ties to REMOVE your tire? I've only used them to install tires, so far.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome