Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - Shocker! Victory is done.
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 07:07 AM
twowheeladdict

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Indians have done very well in magazine comparison testing so they seem to have a good product but....

Can't say I'm very impressed with Polaris's marketing efforts, at least in Canada. I live in a city of almost 1 million yet the only Victory dealer sells everything from Urals, to Yamaha to Moto Guzzi. Over the last few years they seem to display only 1 Victory motorcycle on their large showroom floor out of ~40 bikes. There are no Indian dealerships at all. This in a city that has two MV Agusta dealers. Even buying a Polaris snowmobile or ATV requires leaving the city and traveling to a small rural nearby town where the same guy will also sell you a boat or chainsaw. They definitely need to expand their dealer network here. Harley has problems too though, you can buy yourself a very nice BMW GS or Ducati Multistrada with all the electronic bells and whistles for the price of a mid line HD and the Japanese manufacturers have eclipsed their entry level bikes like the Street or Sportster on both price and performance. Even a long sleeved T shirt at the HD dealership sells for $70-$90.

I read where Victory only accounted for 3% of Polaris's profit. Curious where the rest of the Profit comes from.

I really hope they push harder for Indian to succeed. HD needs some competition.
Many of your statements are curious to me. Canada is definitely very different than the US if everything you wrote is accurate.

In the US 40 bikes on the floor is a small dealership.

In the US a very nice BMW GS or Ducati Multistrada will run you over $20,000. That is up in the touring line of Harley.

MSRP on a long sleeve T-shirt at the local HD dealership ranges from $30 - $50, and I buy them for $10 online all the time.

When you compare the price of OEM accessories from all the Manufacturers, Harley is no more costly than the rest, and in many cases I have found them to be less expensive because of online dealers willing to sell at a discount.

Polaris makes most of its profits with its off road vehicles. Indian is growing as well as the Slingshot. They are building a Slingshot manufacturing plant near me now.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome