Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - Decision to get a Versys 650 LT
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 05:30 PM
twowheeladdict

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by captpfd View Post
Just curious why so many put the Speedy lowering pegs on. I could see this if you are long legged tall inseam but for us shorties is it really needed? Guess I won't know till I get some miles on my bike over the next few weeks. Suppose to be back into the 60's by next Monday here in Dallas.
Everyone needs to make the bike comfortable for them if they ride all day long. If you are only riding 20 miles or less at a time you will never notice enough to spend the money.

For me, the seat comes first and then you modify the peg and handlebar position to work with the seat position. I like a wide seat that supports the back of the thighs so higher pegs that don't put too much pressure on the thighs works for me. Narrow seats with the pegs below you might mean a different position.

I went through 4 sets of handlebars and handlebar riser combinations for about 8 different setups on the Ninja 650, as well as seat mod and peg mod and realized after 4 years that I needed the Versys. If the Versys had a shaft drive and electronic cruise control it would have been perfect for my touring needs.

If and when I go back to a street adventure style bike, it will probably be a Yamaha Super Tenere unless something lighter with all it's features comes out.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome