Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - Installing a Shinko E705 w/ zip-ties
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
fasteddiecopeman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEACHBUM View Post
This is my normal procedure for a tire change..... except I use a 24" zip tie on shinko tires which have stiffer sidewalls. 18" ties will work but there is less tail to pull those beads together, or maybe it's me being old and weak. On Michelin pilot road series the 18 is perfect.
I use two per, the short one as a 'sacrificial' one, to keep co$ts down (I'm a pensioner....).

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
I need to ask the make of bead breaker, I am guessing Harbor Freight?? Same with the tire irons. The 90' valve stem, several out there, some better than others. Also there may be people with interest of Dyna Beeds . I recall a thread on this in 2016. Edit, found earlier posts,with some info on bed breaker and beeds and added to How, but not all . Got to go, wrestling time with the dog!!

This would be a good post to copy to How To Thanks for sharing!!!
Got that Bead Breaker from Whitehorse Gear, but don't remember who supplied the tire irons.

Glen - look for a PM on those generic 'dyna-beads'....

NEXT time I'll try for a FEW more pics....

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome