Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - "Breaking-in" a new Shinko DS tire... on the Apache Trail...!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
fasteddiecopeman
Super Moderator

"Breaking-in" a new Shinko DS tire... on the Apache Trail...!

Got the new Shinko E705 rear installed on Thursday, so Friday was time to get it 'broken-in'. Suited-up (sunny w/ forecast for 65F), headed out at noon, N on pavement to Apache Junction for the start of the Apache Trail, AZ 88, which was used to supply materials for the Roosevelt Dam when it was being constructed.

First landmarks - the Superstition Mountains

just off the paved road, near Goldfield Ghost town, and another dozen paved miles to Tortilla Flat in the center of these two pics.

There are still another six miles to the end-of-pavement, but some really nice twisties in those six...

At the start of the dirt, the road was FULL of potholes and erosion lines as much as 12" deep, so I was on-the-pegs twisting BIG RED back-and-forth, not thinking of a pic till I was thru the worst of it, and approaching the Fish Creek Hill where I took these....

From the bottom of the Hill the road had been graded (somewhat), and the riding was easier.

-

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome