Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - Versys 650 LT - Panniers Removal - Help!
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Wolfcamp

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
What I found that "works" is to unlock the case, pull-up the release, then while holding the handle with one hand take the other hand and smack the case on the front (driving it rearwards-doesn't take a "big" whack). Once it slides back that 1" or so it will pull straight outwards and be off. Reinstall is just a reverse of removal except smack on the back of the bag driving it forward. It really doesn't move much, and it doesn't take much force. The heel of your hand works great.

The whacking technique is what I use as well except that once it's all the way back, it will not just pull straight out. It acts hung. That's the point at which I wiggle the heck out of it to try to get it to release. It took 3 or 4 attempts before I was able to get my left bag out. Maybe with practice it will get better... hope so. Also hope that the panniers go back in much easier than they came off.

2016 Versys 650 LT, Orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome