Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - Versys of the future...
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 12:14 PM
twowheeladdict

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddd View Post
I sure will leave this dinosaur alone, they have too much to improve (weight, suspension and EFI). Nobody in his right mind would prefer lifting 460 pounds off the ground 10 times a day on trails, over a 350 lbs one.

I'm saying they should get back in the 300+/-50cc light weight category by spinning a 2nd small KLR to beat the DRZ400. Not quite klx250 though, because road-worthyness and fuel range is the main ingredient to a ver-sys. The segment is pretty obvious: ride highway/touring for hours to get to the trails, have fun, come back. That's the versys purpose.
The DRZ400S was an amazing motorcycle if you spent most of your time off-road. It needs a 6 speed so it can be geared for off-road, but comfortably do 70 all day long to get to the trails. A better seat and frame mounted fairing and it would be a great adventure bike.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome