Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Phoenix Phebruary?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  fasteddiecopeman 
#1 ·
Hello fellow Phoenix riders! It's time to get together again for a spin through the hills! Thinking about Sheeps Bridge this round, makes a nice day trip with some twisties, gravel and a bit of peg time.

BigLefti (aka Lanny) is tentatively in, last round was FastEddie, JoeyRocketFilms, and new inmate Skipper1940 up the Young rd.

Open to alternative route suggestions, but if you don't know - Sheeps Bridge is through Carefree north past Seven Springs where it meets Bloody Basin Rd, then turn east to head to the Verde River. I wouldn't recommend street tires, but you don't necessarily need knobs either, it's a semi-maintained road that might get a blade once a year or so - so no really gnarly bits. Definitely versys-appropriate and a fun day trip with interesting riding and great views. From Cave Creek, it's about 50 miles of which 35 or so is gravel, and depending on the road can take 2-3 hours each way. You can google map the entire trip, or learn more about the bridge history.

For guys that can make it on a weekend, I'm thinking the 11th or 12th or the 25th or 26th. Presidents Day weekend (18-20) is out for me. If no weekend guys can make it, we could also do a mid-week run. DATES ARE FULLY OPEN at this moment, feel free to chime in a day or two that might work for you.

All ADV rider buddies welcome too.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.