Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Another ride up Mt Lemmon

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Turk 
#1 ·
We tied the record high for the day on Tuesday and I rode to the top of Mt Lemmon (about 8,000 ft) with a motorcycle club from one of the retirement communities. All retired, old guys/gals like me. There were 18 rigs, mostly HD's, a couple GoldWings and me on the V650. The high up there was 72 degrees and the ride was beautiful. It is a very twisty road with elevation gain of about 5,500 feet in 25 miles. I rode in 3rd or 4th position all the time, so got to lean in to a couple of the turns. The guys (and gals) from this club are all very friendly and of course have a great range of motorcycle stories. I never thought about it, but one guy said "This ride should be on every riders bucket list". Thinking about that, I would have to agree.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That is a fun ride. I've done it half a dozen times, both with groups and alone. I still haven't ridden up from the Oracle side, but I plan to once I get some dual sport tires mounted. I just finished a bunch of service this weekend (oil & filter, fork bushings and seals, valve clearances, spark plugs, and air filter) so I'm at least back on the road.

#3 ·
...I never thought about it, but one guy said "This ride should be on every riders bucket list". Thinking about that, I would have to agree.
Chuck - you COULD ride up Mt Lemmon from the N...!

That is a fun ride. I've done it half a dozen times, both with groups and alone. I still haven't ridden up from the Oracle side, but I plan to once I get some dual sport tires mounted....
Rode up from Oracle "TWO-UP" (!!!) last November.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/3-member-rides/96777-mount-lemmon-near-tucson-az.html

#6 ·
I just did a ride up Mt Lemmon back in early March. Went with a friend who lives in Tucson. Agree, definitely a bucket list ride. We also rode up Kitt Peak and out to Nogales. I borrowed his FZ6R and a few stints on his Interceptor.

The views are amazing and we had very light traffic. Weather wasn't the warmest, high 40's at the top.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.