Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

your opinions please, Revit jackets

4K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  theceh 
#1 ·
Anyone on this board had any experience with Revit gear as I'm considering purchasing a jacket, either Poseidon gtx, Neptune gtx or defender gtx.

Cheers Phil

#2 ·
I have the Rev'it Sand 2 jacket and pants and two pairs of Rev'it gloves. Overall I'm very happy with them. If I was going to upgrade my gear I would take a serious look at the Poseidon because I believe it's waterproof. The Sand 2 is supposed to be waterproof but in sustained, heavy rains it does start to leak a bit.

The build quality of the gear is very good. I've ridden 15,000-20,000 miles with mine and other than being dirty it still looks like new.

#8 ·
+1

I rode around the same amount of miles in mine and have the same impressions: very good quality, doesn't show much wear, Sand 2 isn't 100% waterproof but it gets the job done on most rainy days.

The comfortable temperature range for Sand 2 is pretty impressive, I ride in that jacket and pants all year round, 40F to 95F and as long as I have the right thermal base layer, it works.

I haven't crashed in it, can't comment on that. I did buy the extra certified back and hip protectors to complete the armour.

My only gripe would be that there's only one small waterproof pocket in the liner, so if I suspect I might run into rain, I have to take plastic bags for the stuff I may carry in other pockets.

#3 · (Edited)
I would also have a look at Olympia, in particular the Motoquest and Ranger. In general their gear is more heavily constructed and slightly more durable than the Rev'It gear I've owned as it uses 500 denier Cordura with 2000 denier Cordura on strike points. I've owned both and both have been great though, but in different ways. Another great option, and probably my next jacket if my current one ever wears out is the Klim Latitude.

You get better hot weather ventilation with an inside liner that can be removed compared to a water proof external shell. I currently have the AST2 (water proof shell type jacket, now sold as the Olympia Ranger). My only complaint is it will weep moisture through the water proof arm vent zippers in a heavy down pour although this is only noticeable without the inner insulated liner installed. Great jacket but I find it's too hot for mid summer, even with it's extensive venting, so use mesh during this period.

#4 ·
I have the REV'IT Tornado Jacket (I don't have a set of riding pants yet). I like that it has a removable liner for multi-season use. I have ridden in the sweltering heat and humidity (80F/80%RH) of the Texas Gulf coast, and in 40F cold with the liner. I don't think it would be very good without a base-layer below 40F, and it offers good CE armor points. I did have to buy the spine insert separately, but it was still a good value. I'm not as slim and trim as I used to be, so sizing was not intuitive. I was glad I could walk into the local Cycle Gear and try it on first to get the fitment right. This is my first riding jacket so I don't have a huge frame of reference to compare to, so take my perspective for what it's worth.

I may try a one-piece suit like the one featured in this article on "LaneSplitter"

#5 · (Edited)
It's one of my favorite brands. Apart from gloves and pants, I have:
- Red hook jacket. I use it when I ride my Bonneville (looks first). Very good quality leather, but still don't know if it's waterproof.
- Oxford jacket . Got a bit of rain the other day and didn't get wet. Don't know about heavier rain... Looks great, very comfortable... and it looks like a normal jacket.

Definitely, I recommend this brand. Quality/price is great.

EDIT:
› both jackets have shoulder/elbow protection, back is not included
› both have liners and are good for cold weather (I start using the heated jacket liner at 40F)
› the Red Hook is too hot for summer. No ventilation.
› I had some Dainese jackets when I lived in Spain. These are cheaper and better.

#6 ·
I highly recommend this for a moto jacket
Good Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDe7zxzS8TM

Kitanica - Made in the USA

I ride in MI and go nearly all year. I have the Mark V because of the length. This one however is not insulated. I use a North Face down jacket inside it. I EDC a firearm and this jacket covers it.
Love their ASP pants also.

#10 ·
I use a Neptune GTX jacket with matching pants, and I'm very pleased. Used it riding from Copenhagen to Amsterdam in weather that ranged from "slight drizzle" to "semi-torrential downpour". After riding a full day in the rain, I was only midly damp underneath.

Taking the liners in and out can be a bit fiddly, but as I don't do that very often it isn't a problem for me. I almost never use my IXS leathers after i got the Rev'It (only when I want to look good :wink2:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.