Gerbings reliablility - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Gerbings reliablility

When my Gerbings liner works it is amazing in cold weather but I wish it was more trouble free. Anyone have issues with Gerbings reliability? Is Warm & Safe any better?

I've had a few issues with my Gerbings liner over the 1.5 yrs I've owned it. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience? Most recently discovered my right glove was not working due to issue with wiring in liner. Fortunately Gerbings warranty covers this but does not include $30 shipping costs.

Problems so far.....
1) wire lead in cuff to power right glove has stopped working
2) clip on temp controller pouch broke off
3) power plug supplied is a little flaky, if plug is inserted all the way it does not work, plug to power gear must be pulled out a few mm to conduct electricity

Last edited by twowheels; 11-06-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 04:01 PM

I've never had problems with my Gerbing gear and have been using it for years and years.

If I remember correctly. Electrical components of Gerbings products are warranteed forever. Check with them.

John in AZ
'08 Versys
'11 Victory Cross Roads
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 04:14 PM

I had trouble with Gerbing heated jacket and heated gloves I got 1.5 years ago. Both were replaced last year. I was told Gerbing was having trouble with their products that were made in China. They have moved (at least some of) that work to North Carolina to improve quality. Seems to be working. My new jacket and gloves (from North Carolina) have been working fine.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyNeal View Post
I had trouble with Gerbing heated jacket and heated gloves I got 1.5 years ago. Both were replaced last year. I was told Gerbing was having trouble with their products that were made in China. They have moved (at least some of) that work to North Carolina to improve quality. Seems to be working. My new jacket and gloves (from North Carolina) have been working fine.
+1
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 10:23 PM

lifetime warranty

that is correct, Gerbings has lifetime warranty on electrics, you pay freight to them and they pay the freight back,no time limit, but it doesn't cover wear and tear.....
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 10:25 PM

I have a jacket from 2008 and it's been problem free. I needed a larger size and just purchased another one. Added heated glove, but only used the jacket so far.
For me, only Gerbing will do. Lifetime warranty and great reliability makes it a no brainer for me.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 04:49 AM

Sent a jacket back once for an electrical connection problem .Customer service was good .But now there is a problem with the zipper that I will have to take and get fixed . (not really a big deal )I have been using the tour master heated gloves for a couple years that been problem free.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 09:03 PM

I had a problem with my jacket were the connection to the gloves stopped working. At the same time, my gloves had a very small tear in the seem. It was summer so I sent the both to Gerbing for repairs. They fixed the jacket and, surprisingly, replaced the gloves. Got them back- they work just fine.

Shipping was not that much as i recall. But I was happy they stood behind their products.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
gerbing, heated apparel, heated gear, heated gloves, heated jacket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode