Hjc rpha - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

Hjc rpha

Just replaced my very old and worn out Shoei Multitec with the new HJC RPHA (pronounced ARFA). I have been reading reviews and watching the Youtube reviews. All seemed favorable, but you never know until you try a helmet out yourself.

Without a doubt, this is the lightest helmet I have owned in 40 years. The fit and finish is very nice and the helmet is extraordinarily quiet. I get just some very slight noise when I open the vent. The air circulation is also better than I have ever had in a closed helmet. I am getting some serious air circulation! It is very comfortable. I did go one size up from what is recommended, but my head is in the in between size and I prefer that fit. The buttons are easy to use with my gloves on. I use a scala communication and the speakers fit very well. This was an easy install too for the scala wires.
The only down side and maybe this won't be bad for others, is the sunshield seems a little lighter than I am used to with my sunglasses on. I may change out to a darker shield later. These are available for the new helmet already.Update: The shield does a much better job than I originally thought and I have not needed my sunglasses.

For a modular helmet, in my opinion, I would say HJC did a exceptional job designing this one.

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thump52

Last edited by Thumper; 11-16-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 11:26 AM

Thanks for the review Thumper......I've been looking into that helmet! Why don't you take some pics, and post em up
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Well, it looks like all the others on the internet (minus the R sticker ) so I figured no point. Pretty slick helmet though and I think you will like it.

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thump52

Last edited by Thumper; 11-02-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode