Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Province of Ontario, Canada
Help me select a 4 season touring jacket
I need to replace my touring jacket. Soliciting input in the hopes some of you can suggest possible alternatives. Currently considering another Olympia AST or the Teiz Navigator or maybe the Rev'It Horizon or other possible alternatives. Currently only familiar with the Olympia AST and Tourmaster Transition. Would also possibly consider solid leather too.
- good abrasion resistance and crash protection, 500D Cordura or similar in the shell, and heavy Cordura, leather, kevlar patchs on the strike points. No polyester or lightweight nylon used in external shell. Heavy seam construction and placement away for common strike points. Good quality armor that provides full coverage.
- will primarily be used from 72F to 32F. Excellent wind resistance and full sleeve insulated liner. Should be warm enough to wear on extended rides down to 50F on it's own, and extended rides down to 32F with my Gerbings heated liner.
- some venting capability for milder weather
- adjustable fit as I will be layering under this
- preferably less than $450
- fits North American body type, not too slim fitting
Last edited by twowheels; 11-01-2012 at 04:49 PM.