• 2 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
If You Snooze You Lose On Shoes

Going to replace the TCX Boots i got just over 2 years ago. Had to get a size 12.5 back then because no 13's were available but luckily the TCX run a tad big. Was just a pain when wearing thick socks or if your toenails got long. Had some new TCX's i was keeping an eye on all winter and spring they had my size and all other sizes. So friday i go to order then and almost all sizes as well as mine are sold out. Luckily i kept digging and found some TCX X-Square Sport Boots at Revzilla and they had 13's so i ordered them not waterproof but no big deal. They were 99 bucks and i had a 5.00 Revzilla cash coming so got them for less than 95 bucks shipped. They came in today.. They fit really well. The TCX boots are really comfortable i wore my old set more than my sneakers. Wore the boots a good 5 days out of the week all day long...

New Boots by weljo2001, on Flickr

Lours_Polaire, 407guy and Turk like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 05-03-2017 at 08:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 04:22 PM

TCX boots are all I buy. Great riding shoes/boots.
I have the AirTech EVO Goretex for Summer.
weljo2001 likes this.

Last edited by Pazzo; 05-02-2017 at 04:24 PM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 05:49 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
i got coleman steel toes $30 on sale at i think walmart or big 5 and a pair tactical army boots for $45 from the surplus store both have been great to me... i gont really like riding pasific shoes/boots (except when off roading) do to them no being very conferrable to walk around in.

yes im a guy. and i have a husband
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 08:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
i got coleman steel toes $30 on sale at i think walmart or big 5 and a pair tactical army boots for $45 from the surplus store both have been great to me... i gont really like riding pasific shoes/boots (except when off roading) do to them no being very conferrable to walk around in.
Motorcycle specific boots have protection where you need it for a crash and many, like my Alpinestar Roam boots, are waterproof. Mine are as comfortable as most of my shoes. However they get warm due to being waterproof. But are they worth the extra money??? That's up to each person I guess. To me they are. But in the end, any boots are more protective than tennis shoes, which is what I see a lot of people around here wearing.
weljo2001 likes this.

I don't care what you ride, just ride.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I Always cut off the annoying strap for holding the boot lace loops.....

P1010851 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 05-03-2017 at 09:00 PM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Always cut off the annoying strap for holding the boot lace loops.....

P1010851 by weljo2001, on Flickr
Just bought a pair of those. I like the little strap, it's the laces I wish I could get rid of. Nice boots though. They're low and easy to get under jeans and also allow airflow...while being waterproof.
Mine even have a Michelin Pilot 3 tire as the boot's sole!

Science...because we don't figure things out by praying.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by james75 View Post
Motorcycle specific boots have protection where you need it for a crash and many, like my Alpinestar Roam boots, are waterproof. Mine are as comfortable as most of my shoes. However they get warm due to being waterproof. But are they worth the extra money??? That's up to each person I guess. To me they are. But in the end, any boots are more protective than tennis shoes, which is what I see a lot of people around here wearing.
I recently bought a pair of Alpinestars ALPHA TOURING WP BOOTS for a helluva deal - $199.95 CDN, 50% off, so about $110 CDN w/ tax. For weljo - Joe, $110 CDN is about $12 US...!
Lours_Polaire and weljo2001 like this.

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Just bought a pair of those. I like the little strap, it's the laces I wish I could get rid of. Nice boots though. They're low and easy to get under jeans and also allow airflow...while being waterproof.

The ones i got are not waterproof. Couldn't not find any waterproof ones in my size. My old ones were though. Man does the air flow through these its in the 80's today and just went to lunch and man did the air feel good on my feet.
saddlebag likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post

When the laces broke on my old pair i picked up a pair of laces from the nearest Red Wing Store. Very sturdy and when you tighten them up they don't loosen up like most laces..
saddlebag likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 11:40 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I recently bought a pair of Alpinestars ALPHA TOURING WP BOOTS for a helluva deal - $199.95 CDN, 50% off, so about $110 CDN w/ tax. For weljo - Joe, $110 CDN is about $12 US...!
And if you substrac taxes, it's about 1,25$ us

LOP
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

The "Canuckistan peso..." - sigh....
Lours_Polaire likes this.

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode