OEM Tank bag review 08-14 | Kawasaki Versys 650 K57003-112 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

3Likes
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By rayj
  • 1 Post By Duffy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-07-2015, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

21 June... things start going SOUTH...!

About 45 minutes after leaving Inuvik, I saw three familiar looking bikes at the side of the road having a snack - Paul, Pete and Doug, so I slowed, pulled a 180 and went back to chat. They were (OF COURSE) still headed N, so we agreed that we'd meet back at the River Rock Campground, and that I'd TRY to keep folks out of that building so they could all be away from the bugs...!

I headed S again, now around 20 kms N of the McKenzie River ferry.

The roads over 'permafrost' are about 5 or 6 feet above it, gravel on top of some sort of insulator, maybe 40' wide. The center 18 to 20 feet is pretty hard-packed, while it gets softer the closer you get to the verge... NOT a good place to ride a motorcycle, as it'll pull you to the edge! The edge of the 'ditch' is about a 45 degree angle, down to bushes, short trees just back of there, maybe 10 feet or so high.

There was a left-curve coming up for me maybe 200 feet ahead, I was doing about 90 km/hr (55 mph), when SUDDENLY a semi w/ trailer came into view, driving on the center, his dust trail hidden below the tops of the trees, so I had NO warning he was coming (or I would have been stopped on the side of the road, waiting till it passed).

Here's a reminder of what it's like....

I IMMEDIATELY got off the throttle, stood on the foot-pegs, moved right, slowing as he was "on" me, the dust reducing visibility to "ZERO-ZERO", thumbed my high-beams ON in case someone was right behind him, still 'easing' right. DON'T forget - I was in a left-curve w/ NO visibility, trying to avoid the soft-shoulder!

I felt the bike jerk right - I was onto the shoulder, the dust dissipating - and I could see I was TOO far right - not headed the full amount for the left-curve, the bike oscillating like a 'sine' wave, each time right a bit further than the last, as it got softer, pulling me over despite my reducing speed.

Now I was going into that 45 degree shoulder, pulling me down, up a bit, down more....

I remember thinking "This is gonna HURT!" then "F*CKITY, F*CKITY, F*CKITY!!!" then I remember thinking "DON'T go into the shrubs 'cause NOBODY will ever find you!", so I did SOMETHING, low-siding onto the left side, gravel flying, then BANG! and my left-side pannier ripped off the bike, and I came to a stop....

I pushed myself out from under amazed that NOTHING hurt (I didn't get EVEN a scratch or bruise...!...!) to see a pickup and two bikes stopped, running towards me. I picked up my camera, taking a few pics

(check out how much the pannier is bent).

In about five minutes from the 'crash' the GREEN HORNET was back onto the road, and my benefactors left, headed for Inuvik, me at the side of the road w/ a "problem"....

Another bike stopped, and this fellow helped me come up w/ a way to strap my damaged pannier onto my (damaged) rack, then attach my tent bag where a passenger would sit, so I could continue S.

(You can see how much the pannier is 'buckled' in this one.)

I mounted up, waved goodbye, then started S again, finding out that I was stuck w/ ONLY two speeds, either 3 and 4, or 4 and 5, as my shifter would only move a little, and the rear-brake was inoperative, vibrating like hell and making NASTY noises. On the ferry, one of the crew lent me a crescent wrench to TRY to tighten my rear brake-line bolt, as I now saw that there was leakage....

PROBABLY, more tomorrow.....

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-07-2015, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

21 June - the "never-ending-story"...

By the time I got off the McKenzie ferry, I had a plan to ride into Fort McPherson to report the crash to the RCMP, and fill-up w/ gas, because WHATEVER gear was my highest now, gave me about 80 to 90 kph at about 5,000 rpm, so my gas mileage was going to be a SERIOUS concern (Eagle Plains to the NEXT gas S - 379 kms (235 miles)) on my NEXT 'leg', but today should NOT be a problem as it's ONLY 183 kms from Ft McPherson to the pumps at Eagle Plains....

When I got to the RCMP station I was unpleasantly surprised to see a sign on the door showing hours as "Monday to Friday" and today was Sunday(!!!), followed by a phone number for other times (I had NOT brought a cell-phone due the extremely limited coverage up there...!). I tried the door-bell w/ no success, than rode to the gas station to fill up, as my 1 gallon gas can had broken in the crash, so I'd only have whatever I could force into the tank.

Soon I was across the Peel ferry, the kms counting down till I could get to Rock River Campground to try some repairs, and see the others. AGAIN, as in the days past, I could see storms forming in various quadrants.

I stopped to take a pic as I re-entered the Yukon (that is a mosquito just left of the Yukon sign - they grow 'em BIG up there!),

but I was MORE focused on getting my tent set-up and then starting 'repairs'.

I removed the pannier from the rack, then grabbed the hammer I brought along for pounding my tent-pegs into the rocks back in Dawson - I use those hardened 'Ardox' nails that 'twist' in as they're pounded - and started to "wail-away" at the BIG fold in the top rail, as well as ALL FOUR of the holes that the 'mounting-pucks' had been attached thru, as they NOW pointed in any direction EXCEPT straight. Then I pounded on the bends in the lid, slowly getting it to where I could "sort-of" mount it onto the bike. To get a better look at the rear brake I began removing the right pannier, immediately seeing that it TOO, was SERIOUSLY TWEAKED! Somehow an awful lot of force had transferred across the frame and into it.

You can really see the mis-alignment of the rack AND the license-plate bracket!...,

and the 'seepage' at the rear brake caliper.

Figuring I should work on the shifting problem, I began to remove the left-side SW-Motech crash-bar. A fellow came up, started asking what I was doing, so as I was explaining I noticed that the crash-bar was NOT contacting the shift mechanism, but rather a rock was jammed in there. I took a tool, gently tapped against the rock, then a bit harder. It fell out!

Looked like I was 'back-in-business'...! I warmed my chili for dinner, ate it, then went for a walk by the river.

The yellowish stains on the rocks are the reason that I hadn't filled my hydration pack here in the morning. You'll see MORE of them in tomorrow's pics....

I kept waiting for Pete, Paul and Doug to show, but it wasn't happening. Then a young fellow from Victoria rolled up on a KLR, asked if he could join me in my site, so I said "Sure!"

When his tent was up we chatted about riding, bikes, the Dempster - he planned to keep going N the next day, and thought he'd seen my three missing friends down at Tombstone..., so I was a bit annoyed that they had bypassed me.

Soon it was time to turn-in, today having added 585 kms (363 miles) to my trip total, but MAYBE having a sort-of 'serviceable' Versys again.

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

23 June Dawson EAST to Johnsons Crossing...

Got up, made breakfast, broke camp and loaded the GREEN HORNET, happy at the prospect of riding Top-of-the-World again, then Chicken, and dinner at Fast Eddy's in Tok at the campground. We filled-up, then downtown, parking on Main while Paul went searching for "I RODE THE DEMPSTER HWY" stickers, and Pete went to the store to get some Lemon Pledge for his face-shield, having been favorably impressed by using MINE...!

I was looking over the bikes when I saw that my left fork-leg was LEAKING, not 'weeping' but LEAKING...!

Don't know HOW I had not seen THAT earlier, but the realization that my plan to show up at Alaska Jeff's door in Palmer, AK, borrow his drill, then re-attach my bags w/ U-bolts, was starting to unravel.

CRAP!

Paul came out w/ the stickers just as Pete emerged, the Lemon Pledge held high...! By now I had made my mind up that MY destination was E and S from here - at home, NOT AK, and informed the guys.

We all shook hands, wished ...... to one another. I mounted-up, thumbed the start-button, then turned back on Main, back the way we had come some days before....

The mud/oil mixture, still in evidence west of the Dempster, soon changed to ONLY mud where re-construction was happening. Rhetorical question - WHY does the Yukon feel the need to fix BOTH sides at the same time, making them virtually impassable w/ mud...? (I'm starting to HATE the Yukon's road construction!)

but I was noticing more and more smoke in the air after this clear-pic was taken,

and then I stopped to check my panniers and eat lunch. While stopped, a gray-bearded fellow in a pick-up towing a boat stopped near me, then came over for a look.

"That can't be safe!" he said, pointing to my bike.

"Huh?", I answered, "and why is THAT?"

"The seat's so high" he said, pointing, mumbling SOMETHING H-D related.

"That bike IS safe, and will out-perform about ANY Harley out there!" I snapped, as I put my helmet back on, then left.

- -

Soon I came up on the bridge at Stewart Crossing, about 180 kms E of Dawson,

but MORE smoke showed as I traveled S on the Klondike Hwy,

as you can see in this panorama.

I stopped at Jakes Corner to put rain-gear on, seeing THESE in the distance

then noticed that my malfunctioning "HEADS UP" voltage monitor had NOW come loose from its two-sided tape attachment point, so into my bags for zip-ties....

I figured it would be difficult to try for warranty IF the thing had departed my Versys! (BTW - when I removed it, then tried it on my 2015, attached differently, it works AOK!)

Another 47 kms E is Johnsons Crossing w/ a campground on the W side of the bridge over the Teslin River, so, rain threatening, I got a site and got the tent up, thunder happening, but NO rain!

Today, 12 hours in the saddle counting delays, etc, put another 660 kms (409 miles) on the V, so I treated myself to a "Crossing burger" platter and two beers, before climbing into my sleeping bag....

Ed

..)

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 02:14 AM

OEM Tank bag review 2015 | Kawasaki Versys 650 K57003-118

(UPDATE) THIS IS A RETRO-FITTED BAG. I apologize, I made a mistake.This is not the K57001-112.
I realized I have the version for the 3rd gen 2015 bag K57003-118 That's why mine fits differently and sits lower. Bought it used and just realized they have different part numbers. The seller told me he had it on his 2nd gen so I ASSumed it was the designated bag. DOH! The strap and clip that goes from the front of the tank must be longer than the K57003-112 version.
Well the bright side is this answers my question about retro fitting...I thought it was sitting abnormally low. Works for me though. I also found the U shaped stock strap in burried under the flap in the box. I made this because I was debating on buying it and could not find as much info and content on it as I wanted to see before buying so if I can help one person make their decision than great.

I am not in love with this bag but I really like it.

pros- Looks great compared to others, it fits like it should and looks like it belongs there unlike the universal ones on the market
fits like a glove
The quality is great.
It is expandable.
Fairly easy to pop off to pump gas
has convenient holes for running cables to my 12v outlet
Pocket closest to the handlebars is very convenient, will fit cell phone, keys, charging cables, small bottle of water and any other small items.

Cons- It doesn't have a bunch of little pockets and places to fit smaller items to keep it organized like my last one. I really like this feature so you don't have stuff bouncing around if you do a wheelie, get some air or hit a huge pot hole.
No back pack straps
No easy place where you can have your phone screen visible for quick access.
No pockets on the side of the bag, there is room for one small pocket on each side. I think they were going for the sleek look and they did well on that but it would be nice.

For me the pros outway the cons. I really like it. More thoughts in video.
Glad I bought it.

Copy and pasted specs -
Rugged, water-resistant nylon construction with reinforced foam body and lid to hold shape even when empty
Compartment at front of lid with view window for toll transponder, coins, etc.
Replacement Tank Bag Tray Cover available separately
Zippered pocket at front of bag to hold small items
Dual outlet ports
Reflective piping for night visibility
Convenient carrying handle
Expandable feature adds 3” of vertical storage capacity (20 liters of maximum capacity)
Exclusive Kawasaki zipper pulls and embossed logo
Secures firmly to tank using a three-way custom mounting system consisting of a clip, a hook-and-loop strip and a lightweight magnetic skirt with a non-scratch rubberized coating to protect paint finish
Do not use on satin, semi-gloss or flat finish fuel tank surfaces
17” Long X 11” Wide X 6”/9” Tall

-SUGGESTED- COMPATIBLE MODELS
VERSYS® 650 ABS2017, 2016, 2015

VERSYS® 650 LT2017, 2016, 2015

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4786.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	109162   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4785.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	109170   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4784.jpg
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	109178   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4783.jpg
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	109186   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4782.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	109194  

Name:	IMG_4781.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	109202   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4789.jpg
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	109210   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4788.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	109218   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4774.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	109226   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4787.jpg
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	109234  

Name:	IMG_4780.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	109242   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4779.jpg
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	109250   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4777.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	109258   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4778.jpg
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	109266   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4776.jpg
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	109274  

Name:	IMG_4775.jpg
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	109282   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4791Measurements.jpg
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	109290   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4790Measurements.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	109298   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4804Measurements.jpg
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	109306   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4803Measurements.jpg
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	109314  

Name:	IMG_4792Measurements.jpg
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	109322   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4800.jpg
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	109330   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4793.jpg
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	109338   Click image for larger version

Name:	2008 - 2014 Kawasaki Versys 650%0ATank bag%0AK57003-112.jpg
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	109346   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4798.jpg
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	109354  

Name:	IMG_4797.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	109362   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4796.jpg
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	109370   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4795.jpg
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	109378   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4794.jpg
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	109386   Click image for larger version

Name:	2008 - 2014 Kawasaki Versys 650 1 Tank bag K57003-112.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	109394  

Name:	IMG_4802.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	109402   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4801.jpg
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	109410   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4799.jpg
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	109418  

Ride it like you stole it but also like you wanna be able to ride it to work the next day

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0

Last edited by Joey Rocket Films; 12-21-2016 at 09:53 PM.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 11:55 AM

Don't buy it. at least to put on a 2015+ 650V.

I did. wished I'd spent the $$$ on a Givi or some other tank bag.

I had to saw a hole in the side of the 'clear window tray' so my iPhone 5 would fit in there and be useable as a GPS device. If I didn't saw the hole for the iPhone to stick through the clear window wouldn't fit properly. I have no earthly idea what that tray was sized for.
dumb. dumb. dumb.

the downward slope of the bag stinks (I've got a 2016 650 LT) because when you open the zipper to the main compartment all of the stuff I jammed in there like chain lube, rainsuit, rain booties, gloves, etc all fall out.
part of that is slope of the tank, most of it is the nitwit bag design.
dumb. dumb. dumb.

I gotta give this bag a thumbs down for usability and functionality.

others may just love this bag, I would strongly suggest caveat emptor.

Last edited by aboyandhisversys; 12-21-2016 at 11:58 AM.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboyandhisversys View Post
Don't buy it. at least to put on a 2015+ 650V.

I did. wished I'd spent the $$$ on a Givi or some other tank bag.

I had to saw a hole in the side of the 'clear window tray' so my iPhone 5 would fit in there and be useable as a GPS device. If I didn't saw the hole for the iPhone to stick through the clear window wouldn't fit properly. I have no earthly idea what that tray was sized for.
dumb. dumb. dumb.

the downward slope of the bag stinks (I've got a 2016 650 LT) because when you open the zipper to the main compartment all of the stuff I jammed in there like chain lube, rainsuit, rain booties, gloves, etc all fall out.
part of that is slope of the tank, most of it is the nitwit bag design.
dumb. dumb. dumb.

I gotta give this bag a thumbs down for usability and functionality.

others may just love this bag, I would strongly suggest caveat emptor.
Yea the window tray doesn't make much sense to me. Should be bigger. I plan to mount my cell off my handle bar with a Ram mount so It won't be too much of an issue for me. I may get a small GPS to place in there and puncture a small hole for the charging cable.

Ride it like you stole it but also like you wanna be able to ride it to work the next day

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I have one of these for each of my Vs, an '08 and a '15.

Here's a pic of it on my '15.

Works PDG for me....
Joey Rocket Films likes this.

Ed

..)

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 05:32 PM

I have one for my '09, and like the way it is a perfect fit for the tank, and the expansion works well. I also agree with the shortfalls. I use the clear window tray for change, small stuff my cargo strap. Would have preferred a larger, usable map area, but with use of a GPS or your phones GPS, this is not as important as it used to be. Would have liked side pocket(s), but don't think the side straps would be very smart for mounting a backpack on top since you probably could not reach the handlebar.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 06:17 PM

I ordered a Chinese one off eBay about three weeks ago and I'm still waiting. It is supposed to get here by January 4th. It was cheap so if it doesn't show up I won't be out a ton of money. Paid with PayPal so should be able to get a refund.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 06:36 PM

Garage
I bought the Kawasaki Tank Bag for my '11 Versys. I liked it fine, but didn't like that it is not waterproof and doesn't come with a rain cover.

Hard to use a magnet only tank bag on the Versys because of the plastic side cowlings.

From this picture, it looks like I have mine mounted higher or more forward on the tank than you do.
First Ride of 2015. In search of warmth.

My Versys Travels:

Last edited by twowheeladdict; 12-21-2016 at 06:41 PM.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 07:19 PM

Garage
I'd have to agree with twowheeladdict. I've got the same bag, but looking at how long your front strap is and how far back it sits on the tank. It looks way too low and you would be sitting right up against it. My bag sits way more forward, with a shorter strap and doesn't have the side flaps with the wire hole like in the front. Also where it velcro's to the tank I have a strap with velcro on it that loops around the seat tab that the bag attaches to? SO............ I'm wondering who's bag is the correct one? I know Kawasaki makes similar bags for the Ninja, and ERN6?? Take a look at my picture and note the positioning difference.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_5593.jpg
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	109562   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5595.jpg
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	109570   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2563.jpg
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	109578  

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayj View Post
I have one for my '09, and like the way it is a perfect fit for the tank, and the expansion works well. I also agree with the shortfalls. I use the clear window tray for change, small stuff my cargo strap. Would have preferred a larger, usable map area, but with use of a GPS or your phones GPS, this is not as important as it used to be. Would have liked side pocket(s), but don't think the side straps would be very smart for mounting a backpack on top since you probably could not reach the handlebar.
Well put

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I bought the Kawasaki Tank Bag for my '11 Versys. I liked it fine, but didn't like that it is not waterproof and doesn't come with a rain cover.

Hard to use a magnet only tank bag on the Versys because of the plastic side cowlings.

From this picture, it looks like I have mine mounted higher or more forward on the tank than you do.
First Ride of 2015. In search of warmth.
Interesting, yea I just realized I have the version for the 3rd gen 2015 bag K57001-118 That's why mine fits differently. Bought it used and just found the paperwork buried in with the packing paper. The seller told me he had it on his 2nd gen so I ASSumed it was the designated bag. DOH! The strap and clip that goes from the front of the tank must be longer than the K57003-112 version. Well the bright side is this answers my question about retro fitting...I thought it was sitting abnormally low. Works for me though. I also found the U shaped stock strap in burried under the flap in the box. I'll have to do some editing to my original post...

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0

Last edited by Joey Rocket Films; 12-21-2016 at 07:59 PM.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 08:42 PM

I bought the small 3D tank bag from Givi. Givi Tanklock tank bag review

GPS phone Windows/compartments in tank bags will cause phone to overheat and shutdown in summertime temps. Window in tank bags blocks touch input.

Last edited by twowheels; 12-22-2016 at 06:23 AM.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 08:54 PM

Yea just realized this ^^^^ DOH!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaJeff View Post
I'd have to agree with twowheeladdict. I've got the same bag, but looking at how long your front strap is and how far back it sits on the tank. It looks way too low and you would be sitting right up against it. My bag sits way more forward, with a shorter strap and doesn't have the side flaps with the wire hole like in the front. Also where it velcro's to the tank I have a strap with velcro on it that loops around the seat tab that the bag attaches to? SO............ I'm wondering who's bag is the correct one? I know Kawasaki makes similar bags for the Ninja, and ERN6?? Take a look at my picture and note the positioning difference.

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
...Hard to use a magnet only tank bag on the Versys because of the plastic side cowlings....
The tank bags I showed pics of are magnetic, and I've NEVER had a problem w/ that, over MANY miles, and including my 'crash' on the Dempster Hwy in '15....

Ed

..)

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
The tank bags I showed pics of are magnetic, and I've NEVER had a problem w/ that, over MANY miles, and including my 'crash' on the Dempster Hwy in '15....
A picture is worth a thousand words! I see in your crash they must of fell off, you got some real good close up shots of the tank bag, plus numerous other good info on posting those photos. That post count is

Last edited by onewizard; 12-22-2016 at 03:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode