Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Replacing Battery In A Cardio Scala G4/G9

6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  weljo2001 
#1 ·
I've been using my G9 for years now with no issues. Bought the Girlfriend a G9 for her helmet maybe 2 years ago. She hasn't used hers much in the past year so i charged it up and used it for a couple of days when i turned it off it made a strange noise. I took it in and hooked it up to the computer to download the latest software for it but the website let me know nothing was connected so i recharged it and tried to turn it on and nothing dead as a door nail. So i found a web-site that shows whats needed to change out the battery. Thought i'd spend about $25.00 for the battery and Torx T6 Screwdriver before i bought another unit. Took it apart theres a screw behind when the antenna folds down so you have to raise the antenna to get to it. Got it apart took out the old battery installed the new one put back together charged up and bingo it works like new...Instructions....Replacing the internal battery intercom Cardo G4 G9-Systems ....Torx T6 Screwdriver.....https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000T9SDB0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ...Battery...800mAh ZN452050PC 1S2P Battery for Cardo G4 G9 G9X Motorcycle Intercom System | eBay

P1010537 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010534 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010535 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010538 by weljo2001, on Flickr

See less See more
#3 ·
went thru the same thing with my last phone, screen cracked shop said $99 to replace the screen on a $65 phone. looked on ebay and screen was $15 shipped, got new screen and about an hour later phone was good as new

#4 ·
It was so simple i went ahead and ordered another battery to replace the one in my headset. I've been using it since the G9's came out so might as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.