You've got to be kidding me, RIGHT? - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I have a FirstGear Kilimanjaro jacket too. i rarely use it because it irritates my neck. The collars too high for me. Its a great jacket but i just use it for the really nasty weather because of the collar issue. Might take it and have the collar cut down....
Joe - you might want to try one of those 'neck-warmer' (?) things to protect your neck (that can cover your chin, too). The one I have is made of something LIKE silk, but it's not....
weljo2001 likes this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 04:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Joe - you might want to try one of those 'neck-warmer' (?) things to protect your neck (that can cover your chin, too). The one I have is made of something LIKE silk, but it's not....
I'll have to check into that...Thanks

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 05:22 PM

Garage
Ed, something like this: https://www.rei.com/c/neck-gaiters ?

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

Nah, not for me either. I have 2 suits....One that's a little "tight" we will say, and my new AGVsport gear. the AGVsport gear is awesome....waterproof (tested), comfortable, warm, and inexpensive. my other suit is an AKITO desert suit. awesome too....and for sale!
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheftyler View Post
Ed, something like this: https://www.rei.com/c/neck-gaiters ?
Yup - pretty much like those.

-

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 06:05 PM

I was at a local dealer last year browsing jackets (actually looking for a particular one that my brother was interested in, but couldn't find in his area). I was kind of thinking about a new one for myself as my Olympia gear was showing it's age after a VERY satisfying 7 or 8 years. The salesman showed me a Klim (I forget the model) and I laughed at him since the jacket was $1000 (or over 1/6 of what I had recently paid for my brand new Versys). I did humor the salesman and try it on - wow. If I had the wherewithal I would have worn that jacket out the door. It just felt *right*.

Needless to say, I did NOT buy that jacket. However, I did buy a Klim Overland last year and haven't looked back. It was way more expensive than other alternatives, but for the things that are important to me (waterproof, versatile and fit over various underlayers) I've been very satisfied.

As always, YMMV. There are great deals in less expensive gear, and just about any of it is far better than none. I did love my Olympia stuff and it served me very well - it was very good, but for my case the Klim is even better. My first impression (of course it's still new) is that it should last longer, but time will tell. By the time this wears out I'll be old enough to have to ride a cruiser, so I'll be switching to leather vests & do-rags.

Last edited by phasechange; 04-22-2016 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Olympia, not Olympus. No gods watching over me....
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 06:11 PM

Maybe you'll be up for membership in my club?

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 06:26 PM

Lol! That actually made me laugh! Good shirt!
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 11:38 AM

I love my Klim Latitude and wear it all year around. Decent ventilation in the summer and I never need rain gear for my upper body. I wish they made a pair of overpants of the same quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Looked at the Klim Latitude. Great jacket at an affordable price and maybe my next jacket.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 04:25 PM

Klim do make matching pants as well, but they're not 'overpants'.
And they have the same type of zip-opening vents, and are waterproof Goretex - and they do as they say on the label!
Expensive, but worth the money.
My 0.02c anyway.......

FarRider#89; IBA#45911; Versys ABS 2010; Triumph Tiger 900 ('93).
Newcastle Australia
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 05:16 PM

Platinum plated and endorsed by God himself. That's more than half of what I paid for my '09 V.
407guy and saddlebag like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode