Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Sticking zippers...

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  chadams66 
#1 ·
The zippers on a pair of my riding boots were VERY stiff the other day, so I sprayed some WD40 onto them, ran the zip UP and DOWN a few times....

EASY now!

ANOTHER "win" for the WD40 Kid...!

:wink2:

#3 ·
Endorsement From WD-40

You should approach WD-40 and see if you could get some advertising money coming your way:wink2:

#7 ·
Fine Phil, in general....:thumb: - :thumb:

"I was thinking that making a list of thing that don't require WD-40 might be way less work than the other way around"
When I read this I thought "wow, that is a great idea". But then I could not think of a single thing for the list.
WD40 does NOT work well in martinis, EVEN if you make 'em w/ vodka...!

:wink2:

#6 ·
"I was thinking that making a list of thing that don't require WD-40 might be way less work than the other way around"
When I read this I thought "wow, that is a great idea". But then I could not think of a single thing for the list.

Reactions: onewizard
#14 ·
Extra Brownie points coming to a town near you:grin2:

#8 ·
I imagine if there is ever a sequel to "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and you have anything even remotely to do with it Windex would be replaced with WD-40. I'll bet WD-40 is even more versatile than Windex too.

#12 ·
Another good zipper lube is candle wax: rub candle along zipper, both sides. Whether candle is lit or not is optional. >:)

Geese I would think the lit version would encourage speeding up the process so you spend more time riding then fooling around worrying about some dumb zipper>:)

#11 ·
WD40 solvents dry out reflective wheel rim stickers when cleaning wheels with WD40. I guess a rag with soap and water will work though.

And solvents do temporarily work in many areas, but they eventually dry out. Weren't you trying to desperately sell some rough looking boots recently? It's just a thought. ymmv.

#13 ·
WD40 solvents dry out reflective wheel rim stickers when cleaning wheels with WD40....
Not on my '08, not over the last 7.5 years....

...Weren't you trying to desperately sell some rough looking boots recently?...
Those boots were nearly new, just soiled because they are white.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.