Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - You've got to be kidding me, RIGHT?
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 07:44 AM
twowheeladdict

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
My local dealer is a distributer and the apparel lady there tells me that Klim are a one time purchase. Should they ever fail, Klim will give you a new one.
The jackets she has are in the $600 range. At that price, if one is young and has aspirations of a long motorcycling career, that may make sense. Me, I wait until fall and pick up jackets for $100. Except for zippers, even those almost always last forever, though aren't always as pretty as a new one. The shoe repairman up the street will replace zippers for $25.
My summer goto Joe Rocket air jacket celebrates it's 17th birthday this year. It cost me $99 at the Honda Hoot back when air jackets were something new. After a bath it still looks new. That one's never even needed a zipper. I ride about 15k miles a year.

I was going to say that it is pretty impressive to be able to wear the same anything for 17 years, but then, maybe you were overweight 17 years ago when you bought it.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome