Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Could you post pictures of your aftermarket windscreens for the 2015 model?

12K views 42 replies 22 participants last post by  edtheslowrider 
#1 · (Edited)
Getting the 2015 versys soon and one of the first things I will be swapping out is the windshield. Can you guys post pictures of what yours look like? So far it doesn't seem like there are many options

#13 ·
Give the stock screen a fair chance. I think it performs very well, it is just designed for a short rider. The over/under airflow really minimizes turbulence. I'm 6', and fortunately, there is a higher setting they don't mention in the manual. First 2 photos show highest setting. Last photos show an even higher setting.

Attachments

#29 ·
Loosen screen enough and pull forward to release top bot and stopper (circled in red in picture) from the bracket track. Lift screen and re-tighten.
We're about the same size, I am 6'1. Is this extra high setting sturdy and actually effective?
The screen is just as stable. I feel no wind at all at this setting. I can ride with visor open in freezing weather. The smooth air flow is about an inch above my helmet with no turbulence. At 6'1", it might just be enough.

Attachments

#19 · (Edited)
Here is THE BEST screen available for any bike. The Givi AirFlow COMPRESSES air between the scoop and shield to throw wind and sound over your head AT ANY SPEED and ALMOST ANY WIND DIRECTION. None other does that whether they say they do or not.

The product ads are confusing because the Givi product model is good for Gen 3 Vs. 650 and 2012 to 2014 V1K's. For $200, it is the best option you can get. I'm working now on a Gen 2 conversion, if you already have a Givi D410ST screen, to have Airflow screen for fixtures, $25 + scoop, $60 + labor to trim a few inches off of Givi D410ST screen.

Everyone with Gen 3's should take Wulf81's lead. Its incredible and you never knew what motorcycling could be like without wind noise! When I had mine before, it doesn't matter too much if it's up or down; so down would logically seem better given that assumption.

Peace. And just because I'm so lovable, here is a $20 off special from Accessories International - $175.50!

http://www.accessoryinternational.com/product/givi-af4105-airflow-windshield-versys.html

:grin2:

Versys 1000 LT '15-16' : AF4105 AIRFLOW WINDSCREEN

#21 ·
1. Vertical height of base screen centered? I'd say its 13" for the top to the midpoint of the points on the bottom.

2. Horizontal width of base screen at widest point? The widest point measuring direct (not across the curvature) is 19"

3. Distance with scoop all the way down, from the bottom of the scoop centered to the bottom of the base screen centered? I would call this 2.5" if i'm understanding you correctly. This would be measured from the bottom of the top screen to the mid point between the two lower points.

4. And could you please take a closeup picture of your bracket(s) that holds the base screen to the dash board? I have attached a couple of pictures that I think you're looking for.

If you need more info, PM me and we can see if maybe we can exchange some better info.

...and I still haven't the faintest idea why my pictures are always turned on their side. :confused:

Attachments

#25 · (Edited)
Perfect. Thanks! On 3. I mean not the points, but just the base shield centered in the recession. Your pic clearly shows them near flush below :D It was an easy to find intersection.

Hopefully, I'll have a way Gen 2 owners can experience the AirFlow scoop for cheap, or about the same price as retail. :grin2:

Did I ever tell you that you have a perfect bike?
Thanks Again!

#27 ·
Givi d4114st specific screen

I just bought a GIVI D4114ST screen for my '15 Versys 650LT. It was only $117 shipped. It is made specifically for '15 and '16 Versys.

I tried out the shield adjusted about 1/3 of the way up. I am 5'10" , 30 inch inseam. I got no wind on my upper body and a very slight amount of buffeting, but light years better than the stock shield. The hand guards easily clear the shield. It is a very high quality shield - they painted the area of the shield that the brackets attach to hide them. The view through the shield is very clear and undistorted. I can easily view over the shield. In short, I highly recommend this shield.

Attachments

#43 ·
And .... to add, I tried the other secret setting for the windscreen - extra low -
and while I think it's a little louder than the -extra high- setting - my helmet was in clean air.

I'd have to try these two settings back-to-back to compare, either one seems to work fairly well to provide more, and slightly cleaner or calmer air,
into the cockpit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.