Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Shad side cases?

6K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Lours_Polaire 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm spoiled with my Concours having hard sidecases. Any opinions and or recommendations for hard sidecases I've been looking at the new Shad cases and mounting system, but don't yet know what is out there.

shad-side-case-support-brackets-kawasaki-Versys-650

Thanks

#3 ·
#4 ·
I have Shad 36 cases on my '12. Works very well though they stand off from the bike a bit. I used that space to install 3" abs pipe about 12" inches long to carry a few tools and chain cleaner. Functionally fine but my bike looks like a pregnant guppy :grin2:

#14 ·
The Shads are mounted!

The SH36's arrived on Friday. I already had the mounts and rear turn signals mounted and relocated. They fit my full face large helmet just fine. You can open them without the key and the carry handle is a very nice feature as well. I also got the liner bags. All for about $200 less than the GIVI system. These are every bit as stout as the GIVI's.
I rode in a torrential downpour and no leaks.

3P mount on the right side

#16 ·
The SH36's arrived on Friday. I already had the mounts and rear turn signals mounted and relocated. They fit my full face large helmet just fine. You can open them without the key and the carry handle is a very nice feature as well. I also got the liner bags. All for about $200 less than the GIVI system. These are every bit as stout as the GIVI's.
I rode in a torrential downpour and no leaks.

3P mount on the right side

As far as I'm concern, they look much better than my V35

They also look wider (could be a pic illusion), much wider than mine

You say that they resisted to a downpour, not my givi ...

Finally, that rack is the discretion itself, not the ugly military grade rack that Givi makes ...

+1 on those !!!

PS How much for the internal bag ? Pic of them ???

LOP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.