Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Botta Bling, Botta Boom

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  kawdog 
#1 ·
#8 · (Edited)
Well, I was looking for Red CNC T-6061 AL CNC, except the only one was an ebay Chinese with no hardware, instructions, or service. I have enough ebay, Chinese, Viet Nam, and Thailand bad buys to last me a lifetime: so any red flags limits my purchasing field.

It's my only polished SS piece (and ACTUALLY, it is POLISHED SS, NOT CHROME); and when someone asks what my bike is, I'll just point to it. What a time-saver! :grin2::grin2:

Most of the rest of my bike is in black with no chrome at all, so it's nice break up shadow effect of dullness. I'm not Johnny Cash, and my bike is not a dirt bike (AND ACTUALLY, it is NOT CHROME so please quit the chrome bitchin'!)

#6 ·
I'd think about one in black. But Chrome:frown2: NOT for me. I've even de-chromed my Fatboy over the years.

#7 ·
If you get it don't go through Compton or Inglewood....:surprise::surprise:

#12 ·
Theoretically, it won't make me sad until after I try it out first. SS is always a good background for flat black paint if I sand it with a coarse grind sand paper (and Rustoleum paint may not need surface prepping) >:) I'll check it out first and may ride it that way before I decide. All input is good input, but I can clearly do either. Deciding without seeing it on your bike is always hard to visualize, so I like to hear all points on both sides beforehand.

The Sun may reflect light in my eyes with it right in front of me and it may look too 'Harley gaudy' for my tastes. If it isn't 'perfect', it will stand out pretty bad on my bike :grin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.