Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Tv wall bracket to Fender Riser

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  fasteddiecopeman 
#1 ·
I have seen a few mods on the versys for lifting the front, some which exposed brake lines which I find odd and unsafe. Mine has plenty of space while still protecting the lines.

I have just fitted the Heidenau K60 rear to my motorcycle which is a 140/80/17 which sat nicely, however the front requires the fender to be lifted to accommodate this size. This is how I did it.

Wondering what I could use having seen a mod in a kawasaki versys forum I stumble upon an unused LCD TV wall bracket 22mm wide. With slots already in place to make adjustments to the height of the TV, I got to work and cut it to suit the bike.
Please note I didn't use the tile/stone cutter in the picture.

Flattened off any raised edges from the original bracket shape.

Offered it up to the bike fender brackets.

I then ground the head of a bolt flat, to tuck behind the bracket leaving enough to bow on the bracket I made so that it clamped it to the bike to prevent it from spinning.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Slotted the bolt behind the bracket and cut the threads to the required size.

A quick coat of paint and job done. No fancy measurement needed with it being slotted. Total time including paint drying 2 hrs approx.

Plenty of space for the K60 front which I hope will be fitted mid week. Additionally, the fender is now adjustable and can be lowered if I put standard tires back on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.