Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Questions on Arrow Slip-On Install

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  PDSF 
#1 ·
My Dark Arrow Slip-On will be delivered in the next few days. Some questions to all who have installed this slip-on:

- Overall, how difficult was installation?
- Any special tools needed?
- Any cutting of existing pipe needed?
- Does the slip-on come with installation instructions?
- About how long does installation take?

I'm not a big wrencher, but I'm willing to try a particular upgrade/fix if it's not too complicated -- Thanks.

#3 ·
Thanks LoneRanger. Hopefully, slip-on will be waiting for me once I get home tonight.

#7 ·
I received mine today and had it installed in less than 40 mins of taking my time. They have horrible directions. They basically dont exist, and are in Italian.
I removed my rearsets, so that I could get at the muffler much easier.

#8 ·
Received the slip-on last week and immediately started install. As LoneRanger indicates, it is a bit difficult threading bolt on metal strip around muffler, but a little patience helps. Hawkshot99 is correct in saying directions (what directions?) are horrible. Pictures on this and other forums were most helpful. I also removed the rearset, but realized later that the leftmost allen screws do not need to be removed to get the rearset out of the way. Only the two allen screws on the right, and one bolt towards the middle had to be removed. After removing the leftmost allen screws, I had a little difficulty getting the springs back together, and readjusting the rear brake light. Also, the "hanger" bracket that accepts the flexible metal strip that goes around the exhaust, is attached on the INSIDE of the existing holes. I intially installed the hanger on the outside. Can't answer WeekendWarrior question about HP increase, but it SOUNDS faster :).

I ran bike with and without baffle. Even though I'm very concerned about not being too loud, IMO exhaust sound not a nuisance without baffle. I really like the "deep, throaty" sound. Much more fun to ride now.

#9 ·
Not to revive an old thread but wanted to thank mchieffallo for his tips, they were very helpful. I would only add that this may be obvious for the mechanically inclined...not so much for me...fit the rubber gasket thing to the sheet metal clamp BEFORE installing ;) Otherwise very easy. I also had a nut left over after the installation, anybody else experience this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.