Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Chinese acerbis dual road handguard knockoffs

6K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  fasteddiecopeman 
#1 ·
I bought a set of Chinese acerbis dual road handguard knockoffs from ebay for a little bit over $23 shipped to me on the US east coast. It took just over a week for them to arrive. They seem decently made, come complete with mounting hardware (which I didn't need for the stock versys bars).

I took the versys to work with them on yesterday and they seem to work fine (yes, all the bugs on them are from riding to and from work yesterday - I guess the rain caused a gnat population explosion). My goals are just weather related, keep some of the wind and rain off my hands and have a base for my bar covers (hippo hands). I don't see the need for full on handguards for street use...

The particular ebay vendor I used: http://stores.ebay.com/Top-Speed-USA-MOTO-Store?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

The pics:

See less See more
#9 ·
#12 ·
#20 ·
I have seen pics of the 2015 with some huge handguards (these are not huge) so I don't think these will give you any issues. They only connect to the bike at the ends of the handlebars so you don't have to worry about conflicts with controls or any other things you've added to the bars.

#24 ·
Can you give us the model or order number for when they relist? I bought a pair of cheap plastic guards (more for wind blocking than barkbusting) from this vendor last year, and they didn't fit. I want to get the exact ones you got, so I know they'll fit. Thanks for the great tip.

#29 ·
Yes, The kit came with several different spacers and i used the thicker ones. Just ran the bolt through the hand guard then the spacer and into the bar ends. Super simple.

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.