2015 Versys Madstad Windshield system now available! - Page 4 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and Do-It-Yourself cosmetic modifications

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quexpress View Post
At what position (up and down) did you adjust your screen (highest, mid-point, or lowest)?
I ask because you are a bit taller than I am. I need to decide if I will order the 18 or the 22-inch screen.
Thanks!
Mine is adjusted as high as it will go and the angle is all the way back toward me. That is the best position for me. If I pitch the shield more forward, I start to get some buffeting. Hope this helps.

2015 Versys 1000LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 07:49 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by otrp View Post
Mine is adjusted as high as it will go and the angle is all the way back toward me. That is the best position for me. If I pitch the shield more forward, I start to get some buffeting. Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot for your patience and insight.
I now know that the 22-inch screen is what I need.
I can always lower it if need be.
Normand

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.

Note: I have no time to waste because Iím older at this moment than Iíve ever been before,
Ö and itís the youngest Iím ever going to get.
post #63 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 06:24 AM

If you find that you got the wrong size you can exchange it for another one. My first one was too short so that's what I did.

post #64 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scutrbrau View Post
If you find that you got the wrong size you can exchange it for another one. My first one was too short so that's what I did.
I live North of the border. That's a luxury I can't afford (customs on the way up, complicated and $$$ to return, etc.).
That's why I had to ask many questions. I'm now quite comfortable with the idea of ordering the 22-inch screen.
Thanks for the tip. Much appreciated.
Normand

I just shuffle slower.

Note: I have no time to waste because Iím older at this moment than Iíve ever been before,
post #65 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Thanks a lot for your patience and insight.
I now know that the 22-inch screen is what I need.
I can always lower it if need be.
Normand
Glad to help.

2015 Versys 1000LT
post #66 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 10:01 AM

One of the things that I really love about this screen is its ability to be adjusted in some many different positions. I used their starting point as my starting point and have tried others suggested positions, but ultimately landed on a position that is best for me.
post #67 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
I live North of the border. That's a luxury I can't afford (customs on the way up, complicated and $$$ to return, etc.).
That's why I had to ask many questions. I'm now quite comfortable with the idea of ordering the 22-inch screen.
Thanks for the tip. Much appreciated.
Normand
A 22" screen for me, 6' tall and 32" inseam was where I had to lean forward to get out of the wind, so you should be fine. In fact, I had to add Stealth Edging to give me 2" to 3" more wind clearance around my shield to get the wind stream over my visor. You can always put a gel pad or other type pad to fine tune a boost up. Boosting up is easy, and lowering is the hard part. You should be perfect height though, from a anthropometric human factors design engineer
post #68 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 05:34 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
you should be perfect height though, from a anthropometric human factors design engineer
lol!
chrisfla1 likes this.

I just shuffle slower.

Last edited by quexpress; 11-19-2015 at 05:36 PM. Reason: smiley icon
post #69 of 74 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016, 06:06 PM

Garage
I have the SW Motech /Kawasaki GPS mount fitted to my 2015 650 Versys. It sits behing the screen attached to the screen supports laterals. Would a Madtech screen be compatible? Looks from the pics on their webpage not likely...
post #70 of 74 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinspain View Post
I have the SW Motech /Kawasaki GPS mount fitted to my 2015 650 Versys. It sits behing the screen attached to the screen supports laterals. Would a Madtech screen be compatible? Looks from the pics on their webpage not likely...
I have both of these items but will only know when I get my bike out of storage in April.
I would guess that a few mods to the bracket(s) will be needed to install both of these at the same time on my 2015 Versys 650.
Other fellow riders here might have already tried this combination.
royinspain likes this.

I just shuffle slower.

post #71 of 74 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 05:17 AM Thread Starter

MadStad brackets and shield with GPS mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinspain View Post
The MadStad adjustable brackets provide space between them and the factory mounting brackets which should allow for the SW Motech mount to be attached and not interfere with the operation of the brackets. You would have to attach the GPS mount first, then the MadStad brackets. If you find there are any interference problems we will make an adjustment and send you a new set of our brackets at no charge. - MadStad
Jim Nazium and royinspain like this.
post #72 of 74 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 06:51 AM

I have them both and the Madstad brackets and SW-Motech GPS mount don't interfere with each other at all.
quexpress and Jim Nazium like this.
post #73 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 01:53 PM

I was looking at windshields and had just about settled on the Madstad, and I was trying to figure out if they might have a booth set up at Bike Week (the one and only DAYTONA Bike Week, that is). Then I saw that their shop is in Brooksville, FL! That means I can take a 1 3/4 hour ride over there (assuming no traffic) and have my windshield fitted to me and my bike! That should solve a lot of problems. See you soon, MadStad!

2007 H-D Electra Glide (laid it down Oct. 2nd 2016 with almost 95K miles; may she rest in pieces)
Iron Butt Association
LAMA DAMA since 2014
Injuries: 20 broken bones & 14 metal pieces
Old woman riding since 1982

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A (wo)man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
Mark Twain
post #74 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfla1 View Post
I was looking at windshields and had just about settled on the Madstad, and I was trying to figure out if they might have a booth set up at Bike Week (the one and only DAYTONA Bike Week, that is). Then I saw that their shop is in Brooksville, FL! That means I can take a 1 3/4 hour ride over there (assuming no traffic) and have my windshield fitted to me and my bike! That should solve a lot of problems. See you soon, MadStad!
Don't forget to stop at Coney Island while you're over there for a hot dog. Or for some really good Q, Deep South Family BBQ just east of Brooksville on SR50. MMMmmm, brisket.
chrisfla1 likes this.

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SiSF)

'15 KLE650LT
'99 Concours(with 234,xxx miles on it), sold
'98 KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And most of Canada too, eh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode