2015 Versys Madstad Windshield system now available! - Page 3 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and Do-It-Yourself cosmetic modifications

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post

Now that's the nicest looking V1K I've seen yet. The screen fits it perfect like oem. Nice job and the extra hassle was well worth it imo I bet they will use your screen pics to sell them to V1K owners!

The only bad thing about tinted is it's impossible (for me) to see through raining and at night. But you can always see over in that case anyway. It looks great though and really makes the orange look much better with the contrast of the dark tinted screen. Now it looks like an evil Jack-O-Lantern with those headlights

LOL! Thanks Dog. It does sort of have that look now. Yeah, it was somewhat a hassle with turn around time etc. but in the end, to me it was worth it.

2015 Versys 1000LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otrp View Post
From the edge of the shield to the middle of the hand guards (the closest point), both right and left side, the distance is 3". This is with the bars turned full left or full right ,with OEM hand guards.
Thank you very much.
I'll take it for granted that similar results will be obtained on a 2015 650 ABS.
Normand

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.

Note: I have no time to waste because Iím older at this moment than Iíve ever been before,
Ö and itís the youngest Iím ever going to get.
post #43 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
...The only bad thing about tinted is it's impossible (for me) to see through raining and at night. But you can always see over in that case anyway....
I've ALWAYS looked OVER my windshields, NOT thru them, and even during all-day-rains on some of my trips that's NOT been a problem. My OEM shields on the '08 and '09 are (were...) painted black on the inner surfaces....

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #44 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I've ALWAYS looked OVER my windshields, NOT thru them, and even during all-day-rains on some of my trips that's NOT been a problem. My OEM shields on the '08 and '09 are (were...) painted black on the inner surfaces....
If it's a custom cut shield and not a formed Lexan, I like my eyes at the edge so I can lean down an miss all of the air turbulence on my face shield for noise, jet flow, and gas mileage. But when raining or at night, I like to easily see above for clarity. Without some type of air flow technology, I think 20" or 22" is the standard height from the head lamps for complete coverage for 6' tall rider. Trunk height will be different on different people. I like to avoid wind fatigue and wind noise if possible. It 'sounds' like you 'ALWAYS' like it. (Huh? What did you say? )

Last edited by kawdog; 11-15-2015 at 02:47 PM.
post #45 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quexpress View Post
Thank you very much.
I'll take it for granted that similar results will be obtained on a 2015 650 ABS.
Normand
I can't say for sure. We would have to hear from a 650 owner with a Madstad. I believe the kit is the same for both the 650 and 1000 V's, not sure about the bars etc.

2015 Versys 1000LT
post #46 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
...It 'sounds' like you 'ALWAYS' like it. (Huh? What did you say? )
I wear ear-plugs, look OVER my windshield, and am NOT bothered by noise or buffeting.

I've ridden MANY full days (OVER 10 hours) in rain.

Try it.
chrisfla1 likes this.

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #47 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 07:34 PM

Quote:
I can't say for sure. We would have to hear from a 650 owner with a Madstad. I believe the kit is the same for both the 650 and 1000 V's, not sure about the bars etc.
On my 650 with the 18 inch madstad screen I have about 3/4 inch clearance full lock on the bars. But I also have my bars tilted up a tad higher in the mount to fit me better.
post #48 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Thank you very much.
Normand
I did forget to mention, I do have bar risers and I believe they are tilted back somewhat, but not much, do to the cables being too short.

Madstad does mention that there is enough clearance between the shield and the bars. You can probably check with them for an exact measurement for an OEM set up .

2015 Versys 1000LT
post #49 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
I did forget to mention, I do have bar risers and I believe they are tilted back somewhat, but not much, do to the cables being too short.

Madstad does mention that there is enough clearance between the shield and the bars. You can probably check with them for an exact measurement for an OEM set up .
My Versys is in storage for the winter. I will check this out in the spring.
Note: I will also be using 2-inch risers.
Thank you!

I just shuffle slower.

Note: I have no time to waste because Iím older at this moment than Iíve ever been before,
post #50 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Thank you very much.
Normand
On my 2015 650 the clearance is 2-1/2" and I have 1-1/2" handlebar risers. I moved the screen around to get it as close to the handguards as possible and that's what I came up with.
post #51 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scutrbrau View Post
On my 2015 650 the clearance is 2-1/2" and I have 1-1/2" handlebar risers. I moved the screen around to get it as close to the handguards as possible and that's what I came up with.
What windscreen are you using?
Thank you!

I just shuffle slower.

post #52 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 04:09 PM

Quote:
What windscreen are you using?
Thank you!
22" Madstad
post #53 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:
22" Madstad
Cool!
How tall are you? Can you see over it, or do you look through it?
Thanks!

I just shuffle slower.

post #54 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Cool!
Thanks!
Don't forget to ask inseam length with height to get a better trunk height estimation
post #55 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Don't forget to ask inseam length with height to get a better trunk height estimation
Good point!
Thanks!

I just shuffle slower.

post #56 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Cool!
Thanks!
I see over it. I'm 6' tall with a 32" inseam. I also have a Seat Concepts seat with firm foam in it, which may have added a little bit of height.
post #57 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 09:04 AM

Quote:
I see over it. I'm 6' tall with a 32" inseam. I also have a Seat Concepts seat with firm foam in it, which may have added a little bit of height.
What a coincidence: 5' 11" tall, 32" inseam, will be installing a Seat Concepts seat.
A 22-inch Madstad screen has been added to my shopping list.

At what position (up and down) did you adjust your screen (highest, mid-point, or lowest)?

Thanks for the insight! Much appreciated!
Normand

I just shuffle slower.

Last edited by quexpress; 11-18-2015 at 01:40 PM.
post #58 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 01:38 PM

How much up and down adjustment (inches) is permitted by the MadStad Adjustable Windshield Brackets?
Thanks!
Normand

I just shuffle slower.

post #59 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 02:35 PM

Quote:
How much up and down adjustment (inches) is permitted by the MadStad Adjustable Windshield Brackets?
Thanks!
Normand
I believe it is 2".

2015 Versys 1000LT
post #60 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 04:42 PM

Quote:
I believe it is 2".
At what position (up and down) did you adjust your screen (highest, mid-point, or lowest)?
I ask because you are a bit taller than I am. I need to decide if I will order the 18 or the 22-inch screen.
Thanks!

I just shuffle slower.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode