2015 Versys Madstad Windshield system now available! - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and Do-It-Yourself cosmetic modifications

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 74 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 05:36 PM

I just ordered a 18 inch gray...couple weeks for me too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 74 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 07:34 PM

Finally got to email back and forth with Madstad four days ago. After several snags we finally got the order through today. I will report back when I get mine also.

Still can't go through the website. You have to call or get someone to answer your emails.

2015 Versys 1000LT
post #23 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 04:29 PM

Got my Madstad System from UPS today. It was packed very well. I already put it on, but could not test ride do to a tornado warning and a severe storm arriving at the end of the install. Install took about 15 minutes. Very simple.

I'll get some pictures up as soon as I can, probably tomorrow. I will also let you all know how it works.

Update 10/11: So far it is not much better then OEM for functionality. I tried it in every conceivable adjustment over a 50 mile ride. It looks nice, but I want results. I will go with the next size up to get the wind away from my head, if I can get someone to answer my calls on Monday.

Update 10/12: Got right through on the phone this morning, first try. They say they will ship me out the next screen size up within two days. Once I get the new screen, I send back the current screen for the refund. Had to pay for the new screen to make it faster. A nice system, so I am not stuck with a product that does not do what was stated.

We'll see how this new one works.

2015 Versys 1000LT

Last edited by otrp; 10-12-2015 at 12:14 PM.

post #24 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-14-2015, 12:53 PM

Just wondering if anyone else got their Madstad system and installed it yet? If so, how do you like it? Has it done what they claimed it would do?

2015 Versys 1000LT
post #25 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-14-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otrp View Post
Just wondering if anyone else got their Madstad system and installed it yet? If so, how do you like it? Has it done what they claimed it would do?
I am curious also. I still haven't got mine yet..They said maybe next week
post #26 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-14-2015, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketch View Post
I am curious also. I still haven't got mine yet..They said maybe next week
Hopefully you'll get it soon. I am now waiting for a replacement shield, the next size up. I wonder how long this is going to take.

Let us know how it works out when you get it. The nice part is, a full refund if we are not happy or an exchange if the shield is not the right size. Still the wait is a bit much.

2015 Versys 1000LT
post #27 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-15-2015, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Hopefully you'll get it soon. I am now waiting for a replacement shield, the next size up. I wonder how long this is going to take.

Let us know how it works out when you get it. The nice part is, a full refund if we are not happy or an exchange if the shield is not the right size. Still the wait is a bit much.
They are busy because they do good work. You'd go out of business rushing bad quality items with a warranty like that. It's hard to wait, but you want good quality, because returning a product is expensive in shipping costs, your time, and your money will be held up for about a month usually.

If they just moved, they have to calibrate and level their cutters/jigs: along with setting the shop up. But it should be better than the old shop from experience now, so you should get the best products he has made yet.

I can't wait to see your new shield too!
post #28 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-15-2015, 07:36 AM

Yes, they do have quality products. I have Been using their system on my goldwing for about 2 years now...absolutely love it..I went through a screen exchange at first and it went very smoothly.

My previous experience withe the product is what led me to order their system for the Versys.
post #29 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-15-2015, 07:39 AM

Quote:

Was wondering how tall you are. I believe you a ordered a 20 inch initially and what size are you going too? I am 5'8 but my torso is short, legs are longer (33 inch inseam).

I had to go shorter on my goldwing screen then what I initially ordered.
post #30 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-15-2015, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketch View Post
Was wondering how tall you are. I believe you a ordered a 20 inch initially and what size are you going too? I am 5'8 but my torso is short, legs are longer (33 inch inseam).

I had to go shorter on my goldwing screen then what I initially ordered.
I actually (at Madstad's advice) ordered a 16". I am just shy of 5'8". I was told with the adjustment I should be fine. Not so. I am waiting on the 18" which should do nicely.

I agree with you and others here. It's a fine product, I just need to get it all working.

2015 Versys 1000LT
post #31 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 10:14 AM

I just got mine last night and installed before my daily commute. Went on very easy and very easy to adjust. It's all the way up and I might want it a little higher. Not sure if I will get a taller shield - I got the 20". Little to no buffeting and the wind noise is much lower plus less blast hitting my chest on these cooler mornings. I'll try adjusting the angle a little and see if that does anything.
post #32 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 03:01 PM

My 18" replacement is being delivered Thursday. I'll report when it is installed.

2015 Versys 1000LT
post #33 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 02:58 PM

Got the 18" on. All is well. No buffeting and much less wind noise. The wind is hitting just inches above my helmet. I could go with a 20" if I had too, but I will leave it at 18. It's nice to hear the engine instead of wind.

2015 Versys 1000LT

Last edited by otrp; 11-03-2015 at 03:00 PM.
post #34 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Got the 18" on. All is well. No buffeting and much less wind noise. The wind is hitting just inches above my helmet. I could go with a 20" if I had too, but I will leave it at 18. It's nice to hear the engine instead of wind.
Got any pics?
post #35 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
Got any pics?
I'll post a couple up tomorrow when I take it out. It's going to be in the 70's.

2015 Versys 1000LT
post #36 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-04-2015, 02:42 PM

Here's a picture of the 18" Madstad Shield.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04669.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	75297  

2015 Versys 1000LT
post #37 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Here's a picture of the 18" Madstad Shield.
How close do your hand-guards get to the shield when you turn your handlebar completely to the left or to the right?
Thank you

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.

Note: I have no time to waste because Iím older at this moment than Iíve ever been before,
Ö and itís the youngest Iím ever going to get.
post #38 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quexpress View Post
How close do your hand-guards get to the shield when you turn your handlebar completely to the left or to the right?
Thank you
Going for a ride today. I will post later with the specs.

2015 Versys 1000LT
post #39 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quexpress View Post
Thank you
From the edge of the shield to the middle of the hand guards (the closest point), both right and left side, the distance is 3". This is with the bars turned full left or full right ,with OEM hand guards.

2015 Versys 1000LT

Last edited by otrp; 11-14-2015 at 02:48 PM.
post #40 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 11:22 PM

Now that's the nicest looking V1K I've seen yet. The screen fits it perfect like oem. Nice job and the extra hassle was well worth it imo I bet they will use your screen pics to sell them to V1K owners!

The only bad thing about tinted is it's impossible (for me) to see through raining and at night. But you can always see over in that case anyway. It looks great though and really makes the orange look much better with the contrast of the dark tinted screen. Now it looks like an evil Jack-O-Lantern with those headlights

Last edited by kawdog; 11-14-2015 at 11:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode