So, I've only got my Versys for a few weeks now and started taking it apart. I plan to install different headlight and brackets, but still it's taking a long time to get delivered, I decided to try and see what I can do with existing parts and some garage-junk.
So, I started with this...
And now I have this...
The bike hereby should be called "Silver Kookaburra", because it rocks a silver coin cover on the big frame hole, and it's the Silver Kookaburra coin.
I've changed the handlebars to lower Rizoma fatbars, drilled yoke and installed Rizoma clamps, also changed mirrors to rizoma bar-end mirrors.
Coolant bottle is an aluminium drink bottle with home-made nozzle.
I spray-painted the windshield from the inside, so it looks great from the outside now.
OEM headlight and blinkers were moved to new places using home-made brackets.
So, once I get proper brackets and a headlight the slightly messy stuff behind the headlight should be fixed.
What do you guys think about it?
SILVER KOOKABURRA 2
- Finally installed Aztec8 headlamp and windshield.
- Covered tank with Bagster tank-cover, modified with $50 help of local upholster.
- Seat modified by local upholster (about $200) - REALLY comfy now, can't get enough, hours of riding - no problem. Front raised 5 cm.
- Installed a small coolant overflow tank from eBay.
- Painted some parts black.
- Installed shorter/stronger (er6n) clutch cable - much smoother now.
- Put some plastic back (it looks cleaner this way, even my wife likes it now), so silver kookaburra isn't visible, but it's there!
I like everythign very much so far, except for the handlebars. Looks like the bars are for shorter riders, with narrower grip. The angle somehow feels wrong, and my palms start aching in about 1 hour of riding. I might try Woodcraft clip-ons some time soon.