Another Seat Concepts Review ;(
Let's start with the pros:
- Firmer than the stock seat
- Raised front end makes for nutbag comfort
- Flattened pillion makes for easier bag mounting
Now for not-so-pros:
- Seat almost didn't want to go on. I had to force it a bit, but once there, the fit was snug
- Seat edges bite into the middle thigh somewhat, causing minor discomfort
- Riding position is all jacked:
- riding alot further back, now having to reach for the bars, very uncomfortable. More pressure on the grips and after about 20 minutes, my back was hurting. Perhaps a bar riser would correct this.
- riding maybe an inch higher, face full in the wind and no longer able to flatfoot at a stop.
- I don't feel as in-control as I did on the stock seat
I don't think I'll be comfortable with the new seat without spending more $$. Now the question is, do I go back to stock or buy a riser and see if it helps. I really love my V, but this seat makes me want to buy another bike.
If anyone wants to buy it, let me know. Only rode about 15 miles on it. All carbon fiber, standard foam.
Those who hesitate are not only lost, but miles from the next exit.
Last edited by Denk; 07-24-2012 at 07:30 PM.