Lowering Foot Pegs Blocks - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and Do-It-Yourself cosmetic modifications

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Lowering Foot Pegs Blocks

Hi guys,

Finally I finished the blocks for lowering the foot pegs for Versys.
Surprisingly, even for me with inseam of 30.5”, they have improved the comfort of the ride. I designed them specifically for Versys, and they lower the foot pegs straight down by 1.3” (33 mm). They are made of clear anodized aircraft aluminum and come with all hardware and detailed installation instructions. The blocks come as a pair of left and right, with “L” and “R” clearly engraved on them.
When the blocks are installed, the foot pegs will remain perfectly horizontal, so your feet will not slide off them. I also made them quite stout, so they can easily take 400 Lb (200 Kg) each.
You can buy them for $45.00 a pair at my website www.motowerk.com

Now a few words about how I arrived at this final design.
There were some complaints on the forums that the foot pegs were in the way of the driver’s legs when stopping at the intersection. Initially, I designed the blocks to move the foot pegs down and forward to address this issue, however, that cramped the space between the brake lever and the foot peg, and especially between the gear changer and the foot peg. After testing that design, I decided against it, and I designed a new version that you see now in the photos.
Hope you like them,

Speedy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lowering Footpegs Blocks.jpg
Views:	1333
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	1606   Click image for larger version

Name:	Right Side View.jpg
Views:	1437
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1607   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front level View.jpg
Views:	1167
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	1608   Click image for larger version

Name:	Left Side View.jpg
Views:	1437
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1609  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Looks like another great product!!
post #3 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 04:06 PM

Looks good Speedy! What sort of adjustments have to be made to the shifter and brake pedal?

-Alan

post #4 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 07:22 PM

Hey Speedy,

Looks great once again. I guess my paypal will be coming your way soon!
post #5 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys.
I am working on the installation instructions and I should post them on my website tomorrow.

One of the guys asked me if my lowering foot pegs blocks would also work on the rear foot pegs. The answer is no, however, I will try to design something for the rear pegs as well. I guess the riders have a right to some comfort, too.

Speedy
post #6 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 09:01 AM

Fantastic job Les. These are just what I envisioned you'd make. A lot cheaper than the the MFW Vario units I invested in earlier this year (significantly cheaper.) I'll be ordering a set of these as well (just because you're that good!)

Thanks,
Jim

PS - WR Lowering kit & flatfoot arrived yesterday. You are the man sir!

08 Passion Red Versys - Sold, but not forgotten!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 01:55 PM

Is it safe to assume that the installation instructions include how to adjust the gear lever and brake? I am not the most mechanical guy, I can change oil and adjust the small stuff, I just want to make sure I can get this done on my own.
post #8 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Yes, it is safe to say.
The instructions are already on my website at www.motowerk.com under Lowering Foot Pegs Blocks - freshly made yesterday

Thanks,
Speedy
post #9 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 02:11 PM

Just ordered a set of these. Looks like quality stuff.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.
post #10 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 05:53 PM

Itll be added to my christmas list and if I don't get it then I'll buy them before spring, thank you.
post #11 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 06:26 AM

Speedy did it again. My lowering blocks came yesterday. They are terrific. Great fit. Easy. -- Hank
post #12 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 04:35 AM

AAARRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!! This is what happens when my 11 month old wakes me up at 4 am and I cant go back to sleep!!

First the MadStad bracket and now Sir Speedy's Mirror Extenders and Lowering blocks for footpegs...The blocks look very well made Speedy....cant wait to try them on! At 6' 2" I'm sure my knees will thank me!
post #13 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

My wonderful wife gave me a set for Christmas.

Installation was fairly easy. Went for a quick test ride. NICE. Very comfortable. I think I just might go for a longer ride tomorrow, as long as the weather holds out. Great job, Speedy!!

The kit:

Right:

Left:

P.S. Speedy, I sent you a PM...

Last edited by Bear on a bicycle; 12-26-2008 at 06:20 PM.
post #14 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 07:27 AM

I also got a set for X-mas, I bought them and the wife "gave" them to me, I love how that works. I installed them but have yet to adjust the shifter lever or brake. I won't be able to test ride for a while, the 2 feet of snow outside is a problem!

Speedy has done a fine job, I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from him!
________
Fix Ps3

Last edited by furley; 05-14-2011 at 05:08 PM.
post #15 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 07:45 AM

Installed both the foot peg blocks as well as the mirror extenders recently. Instructions were great! Speedy - thank you for a fantastic product! I can really look forward to 400 + mile days now!
post #16 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 10:20 AM

I installed both the lowering blocks and mirror extenders yesterday as well, and am very happy with the results!. My knees are getting old, and the extra room feels great... and I can see behind me now!!

'08 Versys.. Givi rear rack, JCW trunk and E21's, Givi shield, Madstad bracket, Speedy peg and mirror brackets, lowering kit, SC Seat, R1 Shock.. other stuff
2011 Xterra, '80 CJ-7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by abramsgunner; 12-28-2008 at 11:21 AM.
post #17 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 12:38 AM

Yes !!!

Mirror Extenders are a "must have" at the Versys.

After installing them you see the first time what happening behind you and not only watching your shoulders in the mirrors.

Gerd
post #18 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 04:47 PM

I have a few more miles on the peg lowering blocks now... and I wanted to say again that they are fantastic! My knees are happy again. I think the stock pegs should have been there to begin with!!

'08 Versys.. Givi rear rack, JCW trunk and E21's, Givi shield, Madstad bracket, Speedy peg and mirror brackets, lowering kit, SC Seat, R1 Shock.. other stuff
2011 Xterra, '80 CJ-7

post #19 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up

I'll just echo the rest of you: put the mirror extenders on a week ago, and the footpeg lowering blocks a few days ago - WOW

Way better vis, and my knees can feel the difference.

Next week - the GPS mount. Thanks Speedy.

Cheers,
Ed
post #20 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 01:20 PM

I just installed the speedy footpeg lowering blocks, mirror extenders and the flatfoot. I am very happy with all of them.

I can now see traffic behind me in lanes left or right of me as well as directly behind me without having to move myself out of the way. Such a simple, inexpensive change to make such a great improvement!!

The lower footpegs definitely make my seating position more comfortable but I haven't put enough miles on them to know if it will be a total cure for the seat sloping forward issue that i experience after any length of time on the versys.

The flatfoot looks cool and I think the one I received is an updated version compared to the one pictured on the website. Speedy, was this changed to create more clearance between flatfoot and swingarm? There is now plenty of clearance and still lots of surface area to keep the foot afloat in soft ground.

The only thing I didn't buy was the GPS mount because then i would have to spend more money buying something to mount on it. I was thinking this would be a great place to mount an ammeter, heat-troller knob(s) and a gear indicator if I ever get so carried away.

Speedy, what is the thickness of the faceplate on the gps mount?

Thanks, John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode