Lowering Foot Pegs Blocks - Page 4 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and Do-It-Yourself cosmetic modifications

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

It could be due to over-tightening the peg, but most likely it is due to the fact that the peg was manufactured using aluminum forging process. Whereas forged aluminum is harder, it is more brittle and less giving. On rare occasion, forging can result in creating a hairline fracture that weakens the aluminum structure over time and results in a crack and breaking. So far, I’ve seen it happen only once myself, and it was in this photo. Nevertheless, too bad that it has happened, and hopefully this happened near a dealer location or a house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 04:00 PM

Greetings, I installed your lowering blocks on my 2008 Versys and loved them. Will they also work on a 250 Ninja or a 500 Ninja? Thanks, Angus.
post #63 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 07:39 PM

I just bought a set of speedy's lowering blocks and their brake position adjuster. Any info on installing the brake position adjuster would be helpful.

post #64 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Here is the link to the instructions for the adjustable brake lever nut
https://www.motowerk.com/uploads/Kaw...structions.pdf

Thanks,
Speedy
post #65 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus View Post
Greetings, I installed your lowering blocks on my 2008 Versys and loved them. Will they also work on a 250 Ninja or a 500 Ninja? Thanks, Angus.
They will not fit Ninja 250.
Not sure if the ones for Ninja 650 would fit the Ninja 500... You may want to check with your dealer if the foot pegs are the same for Ninja 650 and 500. They vary between models and model years.

Speedy
post #66 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 03:39 PM

I just installed my lowering blocks, super easy install! Except I had to partially take off one H&B crash guard, which was a little frustrating.

They're awesome! SO WORTH IT
post #67 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosenart View Post
I just installed my lowering blocks, super easy install! Except I had to partially take off one H&B crash guard, which was a little frustrating.

They're awesome! SO WORTH IT
Why would you have to partially remove one side of H&B crash guard? I certainly didn't.
post #68 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Why would you have to partially remove one side of H&B crash guard? I certainly didn't.
To get to the rear brake lever, so I could lower it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Colorado State University: Wildlife and Fishery Biology.
post #69 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 08:32 AM

I just had 3 sets shipped to Germany for me and two mates. We all love them! Thanks for this excellent product! ^^

2008 Kawasaki Versys
1994 Honda NTV 650
1999 Suzuki AN125
post #70 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 10:10 AM

Just a word of warning if you have a SW Mototech centerstand for a 2015 Versys, (which Twisted Throttle no longer lists on their web site--(SW-MOTECH Centerstand for Kawasaki Versys 650 LT & ABS '15-'16 (Discontinued)) the right side footpeg lowering block will not clear the centerstand spring mount.

Really wanted these to work and am looking at modifying the spring mount to clear the peg bracket. If not, I will be listing them for sale, since I had contacted Motowerk and was told there is no returns.
post #71 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 07:16 PM

I have the same problem,I really loved the lowered pegs until I put the centerstand on. Really sucks not having them on now
post #72 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 08:18 AM

I installed a pair the other day........pretty simple. Had to adjust the shift lever down just a tad but the brake pedal was fine. Seems to be a bit more comfortable but I'll need to take a longer ride than just around the block to find out.
post #73 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 09:01 AM

Garage
Make sure you adjust the brake light switch as well. I rode around at least a week with my brake light on all the time. Less than safe, I'd say.
post #74 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulff81 View Post
Make sure you adjust the brake light switch as well. I rode around at least a week with my brake light on all the time. Less than safe, I'd say.
I saw that in the instructions and couldn't figure out why that was necessary. If you don't touch the brake pedal the light won't come on......the position of the peg doesn't effect that. Now I guess since your foot is lower you could accidentally push the brake pedal down some without knowing it.
post #75 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 10:01 AM

Garage
If you adjust the brake lever down to suit the position of the new pegs, it will enguage the brake switch. If you like to higher position of the brake lever, no problem. But, it doesn't take much adjustment of the lever to enguage the switch.

I never ride with my foot over the lever, my toes always point out to the side and I rotate my foot in to use the rear brake.
post #76 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulff81 View Post
If you adjust the brake lever down to suit the position of the new pegs, it will enguage the brake switch. If you like to higher position of the brake lever, no problem. But, it doesn't take much adjustment of the lever to enguage the switch.

I never ride with my foot over the lever, my toes always point out to the side and I rotate my foot in to use the rear brake.
I see.........I didn't adjust the brake lever as I thought it was fine right where it was at. I also ride with my toes out and down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode