Lowering Foot Pegs Blocks - Page 3 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and Do-It-Yourself cosmetic modifications

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzalez View Post
Hi guys,

Finally I finished the blocks for lowering the foot pegs for Versys.
Surprisingly, even for me with inseam of 30.5”, they have improved the comfort of the ride. I designed them specifically for Versys, and they lower the foot pegs straight down by 1.3” (33 mm). They are made of clear anodized aircraft aluminum and come with all hardware and detailed installation instructions. The blocks come as a pair of left and right, with “L” and “R” clearly engraved on them.
When the blocks are installed, the foot pegs will remain perfectly horizontal, so your feet will not slide off them. I also made them quite stout, so they can easily take 400 Lb (200 Kg) each.
You can buy them for $45.00 a pair at my website www.motowerk.com

Now a few words about how I arrived at this final design.
There were some complaints on the forums that the foot pegs were in the way of the driver’s legs when stopping at the intersection. Initially, I designed the blocks to move the foot pegs down and forward to address this issue, however, that cramped the space between the brake lever and the foot peg, and especially between the gear changer and the foot peg. After testing that design, I decided against it, and I designed a new version that you see now in the photos.
Hope you like them,

Speedy

WOW!!! Installed mine this afternoon and what a big difference in the feel of the Versys! Seems like a bigger motorcycle now! If you have an inseam of 32 or more, you owe it to yourself to take some pressure off the knees and buy a set! I also bought the GPS bracket, which is also great. Thanks Speedy!

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 04:45 PM

Garage
Great Goodies

The Motowerks Footpeg Lowering Kit and The Motowerks Mirror extenders were the fist Mods i did to my bike.Bought the bike early January wouldn't ride it till the mirror extenders came in. With the stock mirrors all i could see were my shoulders.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #43 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 12:22 AM

Thumbs up Installed and ready to test ride

Received my foot peg lowering kit and mirror extenders today. Just finished installing them. I have not adjusted the brake or shifter until I test ride it tomorrow. Installation was a breeze.

-----
Update #1: I test rode today and it's nice to see a better view of what's behind you. I did adjust the shifter down a little more then 1/2 inch in order to comfortably be able to up-shift. The brake feels odd and alittle too high but will ride some more before I adjust it. Glad I bought these two Speedy accessories.

• Black Firstgear Mesh-Tex 2.0 Pants + Y/B Fieldsheer Air Tour Mesh Jacket + N/S Deluxe All Season Cover X-Large + Evolution 4 Disc Lock

Last edited by surferbum; 04-03-2010 at 11:06 PM.

post #44 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 01:46 AM

Just an FYI Surfer...I installed the peg extenders and I have size 13 1/2 tootsies...Turns out I didn't have to adjust either shifter or brake...So you may want to take it for a test spin before fiddling...Now all I need is a wider set of pegs, us old motox boys gotta have those teeth on um . Those slippery oem toothpicks ain't cutin it...Good ridin to ya

If I new what I was doing, I wouldn't still be working
post #45 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 01:55 AM

Wish I could conform what Peg I got here with the motowerk, Contractor.
It's 4 by 2 inch size and the foot rest well on it.
I'll glimpse the Vulcan 750 could be an alternative peg. Yet to confirm though.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #46 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 11:26 AM

Those are comfy looking pegs! you don't know where they are from? Do they fit the versys with the lowering blocks?

Just ordered my blocks. Several items i'd like to order over time including the footsie and the gps mount!
post #47 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 11:35 AM

When does the Speedy seat fix kit come out?
post #48 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 07:12 AM

Hi Drevil,

Got it from a chop shop. Guy said its from a Suzuki Intruder LC 250.
I am however unable confirm this. Sorry...
Yellow Beam of Light

Cheers.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #49 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 08:25 AM

i bet alot of footpegs fit. footpeg mount are often pretty standard.

how about these?

(obviously these probably don't fit, i need to look at my pegs)

Last edited by drevil; 07-15-2010 at 08:28 AM.
post #50 of 76 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 09:27 PM

did anybody use the L-bracket for Clearance with the Standard Flatfoot from Speedy?

Versys 2015 Green
post #51 of 76 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 11:03 PM

Be sure you don't tighten them too much. After two thousand miles, this happened the other day.

I now have a Yamaha dirt bike peg there. Ha ha.

I'll be ordering pegs this week and will slap the blocks back on!
post #52 of 76 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack425 View Post
Be sure you don't tighten them too much. After two thousand miles, this happened the other day.

I now have a Yamaha dirt bike peg there. Ha ha.

I'll be ordering pegs this week and will slap the blocks back on!
+3. I have broke 2 pegs so far. 1 standing on peg getting on bike getting in garage. The other standing on peg stretching legs @ 60 miles/hr on highway. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN, and exercise extreme caution when using these.
post #53 of 76 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 10:52 AM

According to the instructions, the pegs should be installed in the blocks using 25 Nm (18 ft-lbs) of torque. Were your pegs installed to that specification? If so, what torque value would you recommend?

Dave

Dave C
2008 Versys (Red)
post #54 of 76 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 11:28 AM

Instructions.... a novel idea my friend. I only tightened them snuggly... I think honestly that my horse-style mounting, the cheap cast pegs and also my 240 pounds of bulk all contributed.

I loosened the bolt on the Yamaha peg this morning, just to be sure I don't fracture the whole mount piece.

I think I'll use some washers inside the new peg to add some strength for future.

All Stealerships are sold out locally!
post #55 of 76 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 06:24 PM

Chid
I did not have to use the L-bracket when installing the standard flatfoot on my 2008 Versys. I did squirt some clear silicone between the top edges of the kickstand and the bottom edges of the top clamp. I had some rattle there; the silicone fixed it and it still is able to articulate side to side for unleveled surfaces.

There is never a shortage of new areas to see and explore.
How many lifetimes could one spend exploring every road that's worth exploring?
One of the great pleasures of my road trips is in the discovery of great places to drive or ride (sometimes by planning...sometimes by serendipity).

2008 Kawasaki KLE650 Versys
1989 HONDA NX250
post #56 of 76 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 06:26 PM

Flienlow
tell us what year and model Yamaha those claw foot pegs were for that are shown in your images. Thanks.

There is never a shortage of new areas to see and explore.
How many lifetimes could one spend exploring every road that's worth exploring?
One of the great pleasures of my road trips is in the discovery of great places to drive or ride (sometimes by planning...sometimes by serendipity).

2008 Kawasaki KLE650 Versys
1989 HONDA NX250
post #57 of 76 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 07:10 PM

Thank you ThunderDog

I sent an email to motowerk and they said to measure the distance between kickstand and swing arm. If the distance in smaller than 19mm you should buy the l-bracket; if not, is not necessary.
I measured and the distance is about 30mm

Versys 2015 Green
post #58 of 76 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 01:35 AM

The peg is off a number of models and I got it for a deal, at ten bucks, because it was obsolete. The fisch says its like 26 bucks, but you WILL have to dremel or file a very small amount off one side for it to fit.

2005 TTR125 etc hope the pic helps...

Also, this does NOT FOLD.... so just be careful... If I were 6 inches shorter, I'd slap two of these on...
post #59 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 07:05 PM

Thank-you speedy

My lowering blocks, mirror extenders, and handlebar riser arrived safe and sound the other day. Had to look for your on line instructions for the lowering blocks, but once I looked at the excellent pics for 5 min. I went out and had them installed in about the same amount of time.EXCELLENT! Now just that minor adjustment on the shift lever and I'm good to go(EDIT; DONE)....I didn't over tighten foot peg connector bolt! NICE STUFF SPEEDY....no farkling here, just 3 necessary add-ons!

Don't Get Cabin Fever!

Last edited by Grandpa Ron; 09-30-2010 at 09:21 PM.
post #60 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 04:25 PM

Whoa crap!
I just got a set of these lowering blocks and was concerned about how the peg bolts to them.
I am 260 and stand on the pegs often to traverse sand.....now I don't know if I should trust these things.

Did it really break from over tightening or because the mount puts a cantilevered/twisting force into the peg?

Has anyone else broke a peg off like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack425 View Post

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode