Lowering Foot Pegs Blocks - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and Do-It-Yourself cosmetic modifications

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 01:36 PM

Good Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzalez View Post
Hi guys,

Finally I finished the blocks for lowering the foot pegs for Versys.
Surprisingly, even for me with inseam of 30.5”, they have improved the comfort of the ride. I designed them specifically for Versys, and they lower the foot pegs straight down by 1.3” (33 mm). They are made of clear anodized aircraft aluminum and come with all hardware and detailed installation instructions. The blocks come as a pair of left and right, with “L” and “R” clearly engraved on them.
When the blocks are installed, the foot pegs will remain perfectly horizontal, so your feet will not slide off them. I also made them quite stout, so they can easily take 400 Lb (200 Kg) each.
You can buy them for $45.00 a pair at my website www.motowerk.com

Now a few words about how I arrived at this final design.
There were some complaints on the forums that the foot pegs were in the way of the driver’s legs when stopping at the intersection. Initially, I designed the blocks to move the foot pegs down and forward to address this issue, however, that cramped the space between the brake lever and the foot peg, and especially between the gear changer and the foot peg. After testing that design, I decided against it, and I designed a new version that you see now in the photos.
Hope you like them,

Speedy
Must be a good feeling to have such a craftmantship skills...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Hi John,

Glad you are happy. I strive to please

If comes to my flatfoot, you are correct. I've just redesigned it a little to allow for the extra clearance. Thanks for giving me your feedback on this.

If comes to the GPS Mount, you are also right. It really is a universal mount that can be used to mount different indicators, gauges, or even an iPod. Yes, somebody has already reported back to me about mounting their iPod
The main plate is 1/8" thick and it's made of the black anodized aircraft aluminum, so it is sturdy enough yet it allows easy drilling of holes.

Thanks everybody for your feedback,
Speedy

Last edited by Speedy Gonzalez; 01-12-2009 at 09:16 PM.
post #23 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 10:01 PM

[QUOTE=Speedy Gonzalez;22597]Hi John,

"The main plate is 1/8" thick and it's made of the black anodized aircraft aluminum, so it is sturdy enough yet it allows easy drilling of holes".

2024 T3 , correct Speedy?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

6061-T6

Speedy
post #25 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 01:48 PM

OK thanks, maybe a little over kill for a GPS mount. Aircraft instruments panels are normally 2024 T3 to make them easy to drill.
P.S. I have you foot peg lowering blocks and your flatfoot great work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 03:02 PM

Hi.

I've instaled yet the Foot Pegs Lowering Kits.

It's very easy to do it and quickly.

How I have the low seat, now with it I have get back the original legs position.

Thanks Speedy.

NOT FOR RUN MORE, YOU AREN'T GOING TO ARRIVE BEFORE AND TO ENJOY MORE
post #27 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 09:28 PM

Yesterday I went out for a very cool (40°F) ride. When I came home there was a package from Speedy…the lowering pegs that I ordered. Today I installed them and spent all afternoon riding (58°F). The lower peg position changed my riding geometry and made the Versys more comfortable to ride. I was a good 1-1/2 hrs into the ride before I got off for a stretch and I had very little back side pain.

Thanks Speedy!

Jerry

2008 - Red Versys
Mikes Grand Touring Shield
Cortech Bags
Painted Plastics
Shad 46 Top Case

It matters not how fast you go from point A to point B, it’s what you see in between that counts.
post #28 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 10:04 AM

Was one of the first things I got for the V...The lowered pegs were the bomb...Took about 15 minutes to install unless you count the 20 minutes I spent looking for the cap nut I kicked under the workbench

If I new what I was doing, I wouldn't still be working
post #29 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 01:42 PM

+1 for speedy. I just finished my install of lowering pegs and mirror extenders. Super easy and since my bike came with a brake pedal adjusted way too low from the factory i didn't even need to adjust it. Everything worked great. Now let the hot weather get here.
post #30 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 04:11 PM

Thanks speedy, just recieved my three presents today (Mirrror extensions, lowering pegs and kick stand plate), nice touch on the wrapping paper. Waiting for my bike to arrive to install.

Dave

Regards,

Dave

2009 Versys (Metallic Moon dust Gray) Speedy lowering pegs, Speedy Kick stand pad, Speedy Mirror extensions, Vario Windshield, Oxford heated grips and SW-Motech Engine Guards.

2008 KLR (Red) - Sold
post #31 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 06:34 PM

Installed mine today and it went relatively well, even for a mechanical moron like me. I left the gear shifter where it was because I wear hiking boots when I ride and it allows for the extra space. I lowered the brake pedal, though, and had to fool around with the brake light switch to get it operating again. No big problems. Anytime I do a job like this, and the pieces go back together like they're supposed to with no F-bombs, I'm a happy guy.

I wasn't sure if Speedy's 1.3" was enough but, just sitting on the bike, it seems to make a big difference.
post #32 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 01:49 AM

Installed the standard footpeg and lowering peg blocks.

First impression is Excellent workmanship and more comfortable with the riding setup now. Less stops and All the way, Boys!
I had also bent the gear change lever and brake lever further out a bit with a pipe wrench. My take is to keep our feet pointed straight and comfortable when performing those vital functions of gear changing and rear braking.

Best Regards
post #33 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 08:45 PM

Finally got a test ride in with the lowered pegs!! Much much better comfort along with the raised front of seat!! No squirming in 380 miles!!!
Many thanks Speedy!!!

Bill

Versys
F650GSD
FLSTSCI
XR650L
Tri Scrambler
XR50
SRX600
Zuma 125
T100R
Aero 50
EZ90
PA50
States by MC

post #34 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 04:46 PM

Finally got off my duff and installed peg lowering blocks and mirror extenders. Don't know why I waited so long. Can finally see aft and WAY MORE COMFY riding position.

Thank you Speedy. And a special thanks to Ms. Bea for her patience when I messed up the shipping address.

Montani Semper Liberi
post #35 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 07:31 PM

OK, I guess I will have to be the first to complain about the speedy foot peg lowering kit. My complaint in that soon I will have to replace my foot pegs because the bottoms are dragging a lot in the twisties and my little stubs on the bottom are getting wore down. Seriously I am 6'3'' and the insides of my thighs use to hurt after a long ride. Now it all feels great ; it is amazing what a little extra room will do for those long rides. And these are built tuff. I stand on them alot. Am planning on getting the fat foot and also the mirror extenders soon. And I guess the dragging the pegs on the corners is a good thing after you get used to it. Although the first time is a little unnerving. Thanks Speedy for great stuff.
post #36 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 07:50 PM

I just got back from my first ride with freshly installed peg lowering kit and mirror extenders. WOW! Now my V really fits me! It's hard to believe how much difference only 1.3" can make in comfort. It even makes the stock seat seem more comfortable. And the wider field-of-view offered by the re-positioned mirrors makes the "cockpit" feel better, too... no more neck contortions trying to look over/around my shoulders makes for a much more relaxed ride.

Lol, just thinking about it now makes me want to go back out for another ride! These are great products, and Kawasaki should buy a bunch and just give them to all Versys owners. Maybe it will help them re-gain some of the goodwill they lost with the Givi bags embarrassment.

Good job Speedy (and the transaction was speedy, too)!

Last edited by SoCalGreenie; 04-18-2009 at 07:53 PM.
post #37 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 12:39 AM

Speedy,
Any plans on making a new shifting lever? I'd rather not lower the pegs, but I would like to be able to shift it without having to point my foot down and in. I'm not nearly as gifted as you when it comes to machining such things, nor do I know of anyone around here that might be.

Back Off! I'm Already Riding Way Beyond My Abilities.

post #38 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGreenie View Post
I just got back from my first ride with freshly installed peg lowering kit and mirror extenders. WOW! Now my V really fits me! It's hard to believe how much difference only 1.3" can make in comfort. It even makes the stock seat seem more comfortable. And the wider field-of-view offered by the re-positioned mirrors makes the "cockpit" feel better, too... no more neck contortions trying to look over/around my shoulders makes for a much more relaxed ride.

Lol, just thinking about it now makes me want to go back out for another ride! These are great products, and Kawasaki should buy a bunch and just give them to all Versys owners. Maybe it will help them re-gain some of the goodwill they lost with the Givi bags embarrassment.

Good job Speedy (and the transaction was speedy, too)!
I just installed my peg blocks and mirror extenders this week and I have to agree, WOW WOW WOW, what a difference. The riding position is so much mroe comfortable, and that is coming from someone who did 1000 miles in 15 hours last fall!

Great job Speedy.
post #39 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by potus2012 View Post
Speedy,
Any plans on making a new shifting lever? I'd rather not lower the pegs, but I would like to be able to shift it without having to point my foot down and in.
You can adjust the position of the stock shift lever. As a matter of fact, Speedy has the instruction on his website as part of the blocker install instructions. It's pretty easy.

-Alan
post #40 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 10:29 AM

Ordered, Delivered and Installed

I ordered the Speedy Peg Lowers on Sunday, they arrived on Wednesday, Installed Wednesday night in 20 minutes or less.

Rode on them today. They look good and provde that more comfortable knee angle I was looking for.

Great looking too. Thanks Speedy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode