Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

2016 Versys650 tank question!

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Fly-Sig 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the metal portion on the top of the tank?
I'm looking for a magnetic tank bag and not sure if the actual metal portion is wide enough to accommodate most medium sized magnetic bags. I also need to take in to account that I have the matte orange finish and cant really have any fabric overhanging on to the paint.

If anybody has any bag suggestions id like to check em' out. Thanks

-Hank

#4 ·
5500 miles no sign of damage the magnets are covered up. I'm happy what I have, 6500 mile trio coming up so we will see. And I need to replace left side plastic by tank as I dropped the bike while lubing chain. Not a scratch for almost a year then oops push bike wrong way while lubing chain kick Stand fold up 8 (

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

#6 ·
And I need to replace left side plastic by tank as I dropped the bike while lubing chain. Not a scratch for almost a year then oops push bike wrong way while lubing chain kick Stand fold up 8 (
Superglue does a good job repairing the plastic cracks. Get a good glue from a hobby store or home improvement store. Avoid grocery store cyanoacrylate superglues as they have been diluted. A thin CYA glue will run into the crack and seal it up. You may still see it a bit but it will be structurally good.

The front turn signals hit the ground when you drop the bike. Replacing them with micro sized signals will eliminate that problem. R&G racing makes some nice aluminum units. The LED signals are brighter than factory standard signals. R&G makes a resistor which just plugs into the wiring to make it 100% compatible with your flasher unit. You'll probably need one more adapter to interface with the Kawi wiring harness, which is quite inexpensive. The trick was getting the little units physically mounted to the fairing, but now R&G makes an adapter plate which costs about $7 and looks to be all you need. The swap is pretty easy and you'll never crack the fairings again if you drop the bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.