My 2-Tone 09 Versys 650 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and Do-It-Yourself cosmetic modifications

2Likes
  • 1 Post By miguelapv
  • 1 Post By Arion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

My 2-Tone 09 Versys 650

Hey! I wanted to post a couple pictures of before and after. I had an idea to 2 tone my versys and I really liked the OEM blue, I just felt that it was overwhelmingly blue. I decided to try plasti dip for the first time and see what type of results I would get. I'm super excited @ how it came out and I wanted to share it with the community! I have a black and blue tank protector on the way, I'll be sure to upload again with finished project. Please feel free to comment or ask any questions, I would love to get some feedback. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bike OEM.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	118081   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bike New 1.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	118089   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bike New 2.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	118097  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

Looks OK Ray, but - whatever floats YOUR boat...!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 05:45 PM

Garage
Looks really good. I've been feeling like that about my red one. Any tips on how you did it?
RayV likes this.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 05:46 PM

Coooool makes the bike look even swoopier
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 07:34 AM

I dig it. I like it when people are wiling to take some risk to be different. Who wants a bike that looks exactly like everyone elses? Nice job!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 12:32 PM

Certainly an interesting look and one that stands out from the crowd. But the highway peg brackets seem to be missing . . . uh . . . pegs! Can't be very comfortable that way. But wait, maybe they're just stealth and I can't see them without special glasses! That would be really cool.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

Last edited by Arion; 03-24-2017 at 12:35 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

First you want to peel the Kawasaki sticker off(I made this mistake with first fairing), then clean surface area. I used electric tape to get a nice outline. Then you want to get masking tape and tape half of it to the electric tape and half to the drop cloth. Unlike most dip applications, you want to make this a nice even wet coat then peel it off within 5-6 minutes. If this stuff dries it will peel up when you removed the tape. I suggest looking up Dipyourcar on Youtube. It is VERY helpful and this guy uses it on everything. Here's a few pics of the steps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Step 1.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	118114   Click image for larger version

Name:	step 2.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	118122   Click image for larger version

Name:	step 3.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	118130  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Certainly an interesting look and one that stands out from the crowd. But the highway peg brackets seem to be missing . . . uh . . . pegs! Can't be very comfortable that way. But wait, maybe they're just stealth and I can't see them without special glasses! That would be really cool.
Do you have any suggestions to a good set for less than 60$? I've found some on ebay but I don't know any good brands. I don't want to spend 30$+ for a **** vibrating peg.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayV View Post
Do you have any suggestions to a good set for less than 60$? I've found some on ebay but I don't know any good brands. I don't want to spend 30$+ for a **** vibrating peg.
No, I'm sorry but I don't have any suggestions. I don't have highway pegs but surely others will offer suggestions.
RayV likes this.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode