Rear-seat luggage extension? (2013/Gen2) - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and Do-It-Yourself cosmetic modifications

2Likes
  • 1 Post By iceman73
  • 1 Post By CmdrPopNFresh

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

Rear-seat luggage extension? (2013/Gen2)

Someone was selling a luggage extension bracket the other day, and it hadn't even occurred to me that such things exist. I didn't like that one though because it replaced the grips with something far less attractive.

What are these things called? Where does one buy them? I'm pretty tempted to just fab something myself but I'd like to see how they normally attach.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 10:27 AM

It's a rear rack, this one is made by Sw Motech and I bought it from Twisted throttle. It attaches where the grab handles do, and replaces them with the steel side rails.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk
AdventureSeeker likes this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 11:53 AM

You can buy one of these - here. We used to buy them from a forum member here, but I think they are sold only thru adv-gear now.
https://www.adv-gear.com/racks-luggage-systems/versys/
here's the original thread, if you want to do some reading. it's 10+ pages long.........
New Rear Rack Option

Some Pics....

No matter where you go - there you are.

Last edited by kballowe; 03-29-2017 at 11:58 AM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kballowe View Post
You can buy one of these - here. We used to buy them from a forum member here, but I think they are sold only thru adv-gear now.
https://www.adv-gear.com/racks-luggage-systems/versys/
here's the original thread, if you want to do some reading. it's 10+ pages long.........
New Rear Rack Option

I have one of these racks.......it's great! I also have givi side boxes and with a really simple modification to the givi mounts I made these work together. I like the look of this more than the givi top box mount. This rack is really sturdy. I got the aluminum version and have never had any issues. It's made two trips to Alaska with a (probably overloaded) 35 liter top box and shows no signs of failure.

I happen to live in the same city as the guy that makes these so I got to go to his shop to pick mine up........it's a full on machine shop and they do some impressive work. This isn't some dude making these in his garage......it's a business.
kballowe likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode