Cheap 360 Degree Rotating Mirrors - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and Do-It-Yourself cosmetic modifications

10Likes
  • 2 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By Smiley
  • 1 Post By onewizard
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By dddd
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By onewizard
  • 1 Post By Naitramde
  • 1 Post By dddd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Cheap 360 Degree Rotating Mirrors

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131855305782
onewizard and Smiley like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 02-11-2017 at 03:23 PM. Reason: link to mirrors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 06:14 AM

Fake! Just prove it!
Just kidding.
But still, you don't even show the main feature.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 07:49 AM

Garage
Joe, you mentioned not being able to distinguish the type of car (is it a cop?) when speeds reach above 80 mph. The Tuono mirrors on my 650 V also vibrate like that, but if I grasp the mirror between my index finger and my thumb the image stabilises and I can have that "damn, that IS a cop" moment.
weljo2001 likes this.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

How About the Main Event/ Rotating 360??

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I thought at first I was watching the wrong video, then I thought maybe there is a remote control, and Joe is going to surprise us when he lane splits, well I didn't see it, my mirrors rotate 360 too, when they come loose, heard a push the button mentioned, are these Fake mirrors
weljo2001 likes this.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddd View Post
Fake! Just prove it!
Just kidding.
But still, you don't even show the main feature.

Well then that gives me an excuse to go get some BBQ. So I'll post up a video rotating the mirrors for ya.
onewizard likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Well then that gives me an excuse to go get some BBQ. So I'll post up a video rotating the mirrors for ya.
Great. If you can link to where you got them (more precisely), I couldn't find them.
This would be a nice upgrade for trail riding (yeah, some of us do that...) to save a mirror.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Great. If you can link to where you got them (more precisely), I couldn't find them.
This would be a nice upgrade for trail riding (yeah, some of us do that...) to save a mirror.

Here Ya Go.....Motorcycle Black Rearview Mirrors For Honda Scooter Suzuki Yamaha Cruiser 8-10mm | eBay

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Update On Mirrors.....
onewizard likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 02-11-2017 at 03:56 PM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

your 1 step ahead today

Quote:
Yes I noticed the update, went back to edit my procrastination post, but you beat me to it. That is one really cool set up, it will be interesting to see how long the adjustment for tension remains intact, that is is it going to be like the Versys 07 where the mirrors kept coming loose.And thanks for posting the link.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
Yes I noticed the update, went back to edit my procrastination post, but you beat me to it. That is one really cool set up, it will be interesting to see how long the adjustment for tension remains intact, that is is it going to be like the Versys 07 where the mirrors kept coming loose.And thanks for posting the link.
I'll post updates on the mirrors every so often. I don't think there will be any issues. I might take one of the grips i cut off when i put on heated grips and make a couple of rubber washers to use with the mirrors...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 02-11-2017 at 04:29 PM.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 04:24 PM

Garage
Click, Click, Click... a pair is on its way!
weljo2001 likes this.

Ed

2011 Versys 650
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 05:29 PM

Thanks for sharing.

I think I'm gonna pass. The shape is not quite right; it should be larger on the outside (like the factory ones) to maintain rear view while leaning.
The doubletake mirrors have the same flaw, although these are less ugly and less bulky.

Also, (minor) it seems to lack a ball joint at the mirror to allow further tilt for stand up riding. Not something I would miss for long, but it would have been a nice touch to preserve the feature.

I cannot say it's a bad mirror, certainly not for the price. Definitely a cheap replacement compared to original...
Smiley likes this.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Thanks for sharing.

I think I'm gonna pass. The shape is not quite right; it should be larger on the outside (like the factory ones) to maintain rear view while leaning.
The doubletake mirrors have the same flaw, although these are less ugly and less bulky.

Also, (minor) it seems to lack a ball joint at the mirror to allow further tilt for stand up riding. Not something I would miss for long, but it would have been a nice touch to preserve the feature.

I cannot say it's a bad mirror, certainly not for the price. Definitely a cheap replacement compared to original...

Magazi Orca stylish folding mirrors 10mm metric for motorcycle cafe racer bobber | eBay

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode