Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Dash pic thread - Please post pics of your setup

24K views 82 replies 25 participants last post by  quexpress 
#1 ·
As a new Versys owner I think it's very helpful and great to see what modifications have been done to people's dash area. It enables me and other V newbies to get ideas about placement for accessory switches, cell phone mounts, gear indicators, throttle locks, voltage meters, handlebars mods, wind shield heights...etc

Please state your Versys generation or year and share any info you can, specs, part brand names, opinions or anything else you'd like to share.

I think this thread can be very helpful in many ways and I imagine it can spark some cool conversation as to the where's, why's & how's of a very broad and diverse area of the V's body. Thanks for participating!

#2 ·
Gen 2 2011.
Mine is pretty basic at this point but will change very soon. The bike came with a 12v outlet which I love (brand unknown) mounted center for now. I have an oem gen 3 Kawasaki tank bag which has the cable hole which I use to charge the cell. Bought the bike used and it came with a Rox speed fx handlebar riser with the front end dropped 2 inches. It's a set up I haven't quite figured out what to do with yet. Happy for now. Givi tall clear shield for now. More pics to come as parts flow in.

Attachments

#3 ·
First photo.....Garmin Zumo 550 mounted to Moto Werk GPS Mount. OEM 12V Outlet & Gear Indicator...

P1010711 by weljo2001, on Flickr

Ram Mount Cup Holder & Moto Werk 07-09 GPS Mount used to attach Garage Door Opener & Camera Remote Control mounted to a Ram Ball Mount. Have a smaller mount to use when i don't need the garage door opener.

P1010712 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010715 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010716 by weljo2001, on Flickr

Winter Time ATV Mitts & Heated Grips...

P1010713 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010714 by weljo2001, on Flickr

#4 ·
First photo.....Garmin Zumo 550 mounted to Moto Werk GPS Mount. OEM 12V Outlet & Gear Indicator...

Damn, awesome post! Thanks for sharing!
It was nice seeing the ram mount to the right of the left mirror. I plan on putting one there for my phone soon. I also have been thinking of getting the cup holder for long trips.
Those warmers look comfy too!
Thanks again, cool setup!

#8 ·
#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
#22 ·
So glad I finally have one of these! No more searching for 7th gear! Of all my years of riding I can't believe I finally grabbed one of these. Slacker... really easy plug and play
Best $45 ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#37 ·
Just finished adding a 12 volt marine outlet and a nifty volt meter.

Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#39 ·
Cockpit > aka “Farkled to Death”

My 2010 Versys 650 ABS, now with 50,000 km; [my avatar says "93TigerBill", 'cos I also have a 1993 Triumph Tiger, relegated to a "show pony"]....

First Pic, L to R:
- Handguards, BarkBuster ‘Storm’;
- Heated Grips, Oxford (Replacement Controller on order); (*)
- PTT switch for UHF Radio;
- Mirror Extenders (Home-Made);
- Aux. Lights Switch; (*)
- LHS Fairing Panel: Autocomm cable; (*)
- LHS Fairing Panel: (hidden) SAE Connector for Heated Jacket; (*)
- GPS #1 (no maps) – Garmin eTrex “Data Logger”;
- UHF Radio 80 ch 5W IP67 with separate Aerial (left front of windscreen);
- GPS #2 (with maps) – ALDI special, IP67, power socket on LHS dash;
- SPOT II tracker/”EPIRB”;
- (behind SPOT) On Dash RHS – Voltmeter; (*)
- RHS Grip – OmniCruise Throttle Lock;
- Tank Ring for Tank Bag.

Second Pic:
- 2x 70W LED’s, Spot & Spread, with brace between;
- 2x 10W LED’s Spots – Denali/VisionX;
o Note: Both sets controlled by Aux Light Switch (above) and a single 5-pin Relay, triggered by Hi-Beam.

Not Shown:
- Stebel Nautilus Air Horn; (*)
- Radiator Guard – RadGuard;
- SW-MoTech:
o CrashBars;
o Engine Guard/Skid Plate;
o CentreStand;
o Side Racks (removable) with Pelican-Type Cases & Tool Tubes;
o Alu-Rack (yes, they can be fitted with side cases!);
- Speedy’s:
o Sidestand Foot;
o Footpeg Lowering Kit;
o Handlebar Risers;
o (Suspension Lowering Kit - removed to fit CentreStand).

(*) All powered through an Eastern Beaver PC-8 Fuse Block.

#42 ·
Cockpit > aka “Farkled to Death”

(*) All powered through an Eastern Beaver PC-8 Fuse Block.

Wow that's a serious set up. Great post Bill! Thanks for sharing that!

#40 ·
Wow - serious comm support, nice!

A couple questions if I may:

1) what mounting system are you using up near the windshield - assuming home built, specifically how are you mounting it? I'm pondering fastening to the windshield mounting points, not sure if the vibration becomes an issue.

2) What are your thoughts on the SPOT, have you ever had to use it? Do you have issues with connectivity?

Much appreciated!

#45 ·
1. Fitted two 10 mm bolts to the 'flats' at the sides of the windscreen, and fitted two RAM mounts to those bolts;
2. SPOT used for Tracking, OK's, "I've stopped for fuel", and "Stopped for an overnight". Haven't had to use the SOS yet...

Reactions: Joey Rocket Films
#41 ·
Here's the "dash" on my '08.

REALLY glad I had added the two DC voltage indicators last Wednesday when my stator "died". The LED indicator began flashing red, so I looked at the digital voltmeter and watched the display go from just under 12v to below 10v as I headed towards home, then pulled over at about 9.9v and called for a tow.

#43 ·
Here's the "dash" on my '08.

I gotta get a similar set up so I can keep an eye on my voltage. Especially with the add ons I've...added on. Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear about the fail.

#47 ·
2008 Versys 650 and 2016 Ninja 1000.

Both have a mount for radar, the little black box is a transmitter to my helmet, it uses a system called HARD Helmet Assisted Radar Detector. It sends a signal to the receiver on the helmet which lights up the red light, like a HUD. The versys also has a mount for the waterproof GPS and a USB connection.

#53 ·
My most recent set up. I think it's pretty much where I want it. Maybe I'll get some different levers and a tinted shield eventually.

#55 · (Edited)
You've seriously never seen a cup holder on a motorcycle? The point is to hold a container of fluid. Convenience.
I've never had one but I could see the convenience with them.

#60 ·
#61 ·
#73 ·
GPS mount hardwired on V650 (MY2015)

I was using handlebar mounted Givi GPS box, but it was way down out of sight and the GPS was difficult to remove and connect..
I decided to hard wire a normal car GPS mount above the dash where it is visible. The added benefit is that I can take off the GPS with one hand in a second. First I tried to use eBay power supply unit, but it did not trigger the 100% bright screen function of GPS. I had to wire the original car GPS charger to the back of the 12V charger socket of the Versys. The mechanics are self explanatory. To prevent movement around the bolt, I used small pieces of double sided glue tape.

Attachments

#74 ·
I was using handlebar mounted Givi GPS box, but it was way down out of sight and the GPS was difficult to remove and connect..
I decided to hard wire a normal car GPS mount above the dash where it is visible. The added benefit is that I can take off the GPS with one hand in a second. First I tried to use eBay power supply unit, but it did not trigger the 100% bright screen function of GPS. I had to wire the original car GPS charger to the back of the 12V charger socket of the Versys. The mechanics are self explanatory. To prevent movement around the bolt, I used small pieces of double sided glue tape.
I would love to move my phone to a upper central position like this on my Ver. 2 Versys. I have a RAM Mount X Mount currently attached to a ball on my handle bar stem. Love the X mount but I would like to find a different position for it as it blocks the instruments when my phone is installed. Any suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.