Dash pic thread - Please post pics of your setup - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and Do-It-Yourself cosmetic modifications

36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Dash pic thread - Please post pics of your setup

As a new Versys owner I think it's very helpful and great to see what modifications have been done to people's dash area. It enables me and other V newbies to get ideas about placement for accessory switches, cell phone mounts, gear indicators, throttle locks, voltage meters, handlebars mods, wind shield heights...etc

Please state your Versys generation or year and share any info you can, specs, part brand names, opinions or anything else you'd like to share.

I think this thread can be very helpful in many ways and I imagine it can spark some cool conversation as to the where's, why's & how's of a very broad and diverse area of the V's body. Thanks for participating!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride it like you stole it but also like you wanna be able to ride it to work the next day

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Gen 2 2011.
Mine is pretty basic at this point but will change very soon. The bike came with a 12v outlet which I love (brand unknown) mounted center for now. I have an oem gen 3 Kawasaki tank bag which has the cable hole which I use to charge the cell. Bought the bike used and it came with a Rox speed fx handlebar riser with the front end dropped 2 inches. It's a set up I haven't quite figured out what to do with yet. Happy for now. Givi tall clear shield for now. More pics to come as parts flow in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4848.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	112194  
post #3 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 04:40 PM

Garage
First photo.....Garmin Zumo 550 mounted to Moto Werk GPS Mount. OEM 12V Outlet & Gear Indicator...

P1010711 by weljo2001, on Flickr

Ram Mount Cup Holder & Moto Werk 07-09 GPS Mount used to attach Garage Door Opener & Camera Remote Control mounted to a Ram Ball Mount. Have a smaller mount to use when i don't need the garage door opener.

P1010712 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010715 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010716 by weljo2001, on Flickr

Winter Time ATV Mitts & Heated Grips...

P1010713 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010714 by weljo2001, on Flickr
cbrf2_rider likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=weljo2001;1312226]First photo.....Garmin Zumo 550 mounted to Moto Werk GPS Mount. OEM 12V Outlet & Gear Indicator...

Damn, awesome post! Thanks for sharing!
It was nice seeing the ram mount to the right of the left mirror. I plan on putting one there for my phone soon. I also have been thinking of getting the cup holder for long trips.
Those warmers look comfy too!
Thanks again, cool setup!

Ride it like you stole it but also like you wanna be able to ride it to work the next day

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #5 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 05:52 PM

Garage
[QUOTE=Joey Rocket Films;1312250][QUOTE=weljo2001;1312226]First photo.....Garmin Zumo 550 mounted to Moto Werk GPS Mount. OEM 12V Outlet & Gear Indicator...

It was nice seeing the ram mount to the right of the left mirror. I plan on putting one there for my phone soon. I also have been thinking of getting the cup holder for long trips.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 06:18 PM

Garage
I put oil pressure and oil temp gauges on my 2015

Mel

post #7 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 06:53 PM
ash

weljo2001 what's that button for?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	31990342491_2a0687f66f_h.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	112210  
post #8 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 06:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash View Post

Thats the control button for the Koso Apollo Heated Grips which are awesome ...https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=weljo2001;1312258][QUOTE=Joey Rocket Films;1312250][QUOTE=weljo2001;1312226]First photo.....Garmin Zumo 550 mounted to Moto Werk GPS Mount. OEM 12V Outlet & Gear Indicator...

Haha cool
post #10 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dog View Post
Looks cool. Thanks for Sharing!
post #11 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Quote:

Thats the control button for the Koso Apollo Heated Grips which are awesome ...https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for asking that Ash, I glanced and just thought it was a gen 3 kinda thing.
I really like the look of those Weljo. Can I ask how long have you had them? How do you like them?
post #12 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:

Just bought a pair. They have great reviews and I like the convenience of the sweitch right on the grip. Thanks for posting! Looking forward to warmer hands. Been wanting a pair so this helped me find the rights ones.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #13 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 01:05 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Rocket Films View Post
Just bought a pair. They have great reviews and I like the convenience of the sweitch right on the grip. Thanks for posting! Looking forward to warmer hands. Been wanting a pair so this helped me find the rights ones.
Good Deal,

I've had other heated grips but the are the best of the bunch. Work awesome and are super simple to install. I have mine on a switched wire with my GPS so they turn off when the key is turned off. You won't need the glue they supply. Once they are on they are on for good. I used soapy water to slip them on and then had to use a mallet and proper size socket to bang them on.

Joey Rocket Films likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Good Deal,

I've had other heated grips but the are the best of the bunch. Work awesome and are super simple to install. I have mine on a switched wire with my GPS so they turn off when the key is turned off. You won't need the glue they supply. Once they are on they are on for good. I used soapy water to slip them on and then had to use a mallet and proper size socket to bang them on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PSqizwz2uQ

Sweet yea I watched your vid with phat ass thanks for posting! I plan to wire the same way. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
weljo2001 likes this.

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #15 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dog View Post
Very nice setup. I always wanted to add an oil temp gauge. Can you please provide a link where to purchase and also some direction how to install. Thanks!
post #16 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 06:09 PM

[quote=weljo2001;1312258][QUOTE=Joey Rocket Films;1312250]
Quote:
First photo.....Garmin Zumo 550 mounted to Moto Werk GPS Mount. OEM 12V Outlet & Gear Indicator...

Is it also a time machine? Thought I saw a Video store in the clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkpCWRgxwaM
Joey Rocket Films likes this.

2009 650 Versys
post #17 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 06:21 PM

2015 Versys 650 ABS

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.

Note: I have no time to waste because Iím older at this moment than Iíve ever been before,
Ö and itís the youngest Iím ever going to get.
post #18 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 04:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by quexpress View Post

What the!!! That's a cool ass image. What's a spark bright and those are really cruise control buttons?

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #19 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Rocket Films View Post
What's a spark bright
It's a battery voltage monitor.

Quote:
and those are really cruise control buttons?
Yes they are.

Thank you!

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.

Note: I have no time to waste because Iím older at this moment than Iíve ever been before,
Ö and itís the youngest Iím ever going to get.
post #20 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by quexpress View Post

Pretty badass set up man. Thanks for sharing that. What's up with the headlight modular?

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode