Dash pic thread - Please post pics of your setup - Page 3 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and Do-It-Yourself cosmetic modifications

37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

Here's the "dash" on my '08.

REALLY glad I had added the two DC voltage indicators last Wednesday when my stator "died". The LED indicator began flashing red, so I looked at the digital voltmeter and watched the display go from just under 12v to below 10v as I headed towards home, then pulled over at about 9.9v and called for a tow.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93TigerBill View Post
Cockpit > aka “Farkled to Death”

(*) All powered through an Eastern Beaver PC-8 Fuse Block.

Wow that's a serious set up. Great post Bill! Thanks for sharing that!

Ride it like you stole it but also like you wanna be able to ride it to work the next day

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #43 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=fasteddiecopeman;1320529]Here's the "dash" on my '08.

I gotta get a similar set up so I can keep an eye on my voltage. Especially with the add ons I've...added on. Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear about the fail.

Ride it like you stole it but also like you wanna be able to ride it to work the next day

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0

post #44 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

[quote=Joey Rocket Films;1320593]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Here's the "dash" on my '08.

I gotta get a similar set up so I can keep an eye on my voltage. Especially with the add ons I've...added on. Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear about the fail.
I bought the DC Voltage indicator after installing that LED voltage indicator, as it is 'indistinct', particularly in the sunshine. (The DC Voltage indicator numbers are difficult to see in sunshine, so I need to 'shade' it w/ my hand to get a reading UNLESS it's night...!) The LED one I have on my '15 (moved from the '09s dash where it first had a home...) is a VERY bright LED that's visible in ANY light, and I highly recommend it.

It's a "BackOFF", and here's a pic of my '09 coming home from D2D after my '15 crash on the Dempster....

Joey Rocket Films likes this.

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 01-23-2017 at 11:56 AM.
post #45 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX_Joe View Post
Wow - serious comm support, nice!

A couple questions if I may:

1) what mounting system are you using up near the windshield - assuming home built, specifically how are you mounting it? I'm pondering fastening to the windshield mounting points, not sure if the vibration becomes an issue.

2) What are your thoughts on the SPOT, have you ever had to use it? Do you have issues with connectivity?

Much appreciated!
1. Fitted two 10 mm bolts to the 'flats' at the sides of the windscreen, and fitted two RAM mounts to those bolts;
2. SPOT used for Tracking, OK's, "I've stopped for fuel", and "Stopped for an overnight". Haven't had to use the SOS yet...

FarRider#89; IBA#45911; Versys ABS 2010; Triumph Tiger 900 ('93).
Newcastle Australia
post #46 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 12:42 PM

Thanks 93TigerBill. Good idea on the RAM mounts. Hope you NEVER need the SOS...
post #47 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
2008 Versys 650 and 2016 Ninja 1000.

Both have a mount for radar, the little black box is a transmitter to my helmet, it uses a system called HARD Helmet Assisted Radar Detector. It sends a signal to the receiver on the helmet which lights up the red light, like a HUD. The versys also has a mount for the waterproof GPS and a USB connection.

post #48 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

Here's the dash in my '15 w/ the "backOFF" voltage indicator showing RED - ignition ON, engine OFF.

Ed

..)

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 02-08-2017 at 11:23 AM.
post #49 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Kawasaki Versys cell phone gps accessory bar mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX_Joe View Post
Wow - serious comm support, nice!

1) what mounting system are you using up near the windshield - assuming home built, specifically how are you mounting it? I'm pondering fastening to the windshield mounting points, not sure if the vibration becomes an issue.

Much appreciated!
here's the info to the mount I told you about. Sorry it took so long.
My Versys, Mods and Media | Zombie Apocalypse 2.0
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 11.39.51 PM.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	114849  

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #50 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 12:47 AM

My setup.
Interphone phone holder mounted on the original Kawasaki MultiMediaBracket.
Flush mounted Gipro gear indicator
Bright spark battery monitor
Luminated switch for the aux lights.
Just below the phone there is a USB socket that is attatched to the bracket.

post #51 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freubel View Post
My setup.

Nice to see an '08 still getting some love. I hope to add a voltmeter this spring.
post #52 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freubel View Post
My setup.
very cool!

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #53 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

My most recent set up. I think it's pretty much where I want it. Maybe I'll get some different levers and a tinted shield eventually.

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #54 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 04:52 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to farmerboy
I thought I had seen it all..... cup holder on a bike! Never seen this in the UK... I am wondering what the point is... do you drink as you ride?
post #55 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

Dash pic thread - Please post pics of your setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerboy View Post
I thought I had seen it all..... cup holder on a bike! Never seen this in the UK... I am wondering what the point is... do you drink as you ride?

You've seriously never seen a cup holder on a motorcycle? The point is to hold a container of fluid. Convenience.
I've never had one but I could see the convenience with them.

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0

Last edited by Joey Rocket Films; 02-19-2017 at 08:23 AM.
post #56 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 11:00 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to farmerboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Rocket Films View Post
You've seriously never seen a cup holder on a motorcycle? The point is to hold a container of fluid. Convenience.
I've never had one but I could see the convenience with them.
No, never come across one in the UK but I think I shall get one!
post #57 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerboy View Post
No, never come across one in the UK but I think I shall get one!

I've never seen one on anything else other than a cruiser until till someone posted one here on his versys. I mostly have seen them on gold wings or baggers. I can see it being useful for certain calm rides. If you have a open face helmet or no helmet it'd be a lot easier and convenient.

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #58 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Rocket Films View Post
I've never seen one on anything else other than a cruiser until till someone posted one here on his versys....
I believe that would be "weljo".

Ed

..)

post #59 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I believe that would be "weljo".

Yea I believe so.

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #60 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 04:47 PM

Garage
Yep, That would be me....

IMG_0034_1 by weljo2001, on Flickr

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010579 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode