Damaged Radiator Cover Arrived - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and Do-It-Yourself cosmetic modifications

3Likes
  • 3 Post By rayj

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Damaged Radiator Cover Arrived

In mid October, I ordered a Ravetech radiator cover. As many of you know, with so many of the bikes now being made in Thailand, it will become the hotbed for knockoff's and after market parts. The company sent it out a couple of days later, and we tracked it on Thai Post to be shipped, but after 30 days, we could not figure out where it was. Finally it surfaced on a USPS site as having arrived in Jamaica, NY on 11/17, then it was not sent out for delivery until 12/5. As you can see from the pics I attached, it obviously got trapped at the end of a conveyor for quite some time. I paid around $66 US, and am guessing it will take about half that to send it back. We will see how good old USPS handles this. The Ravetech product is very nice, and I don't know if I can pound it out to straighten it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PC083189.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	110154   Click image for larger version

Name:	PC083192.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	110162   Click image for larger version

Name:	PC083194.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	110170   Click image for larger version

Name:	PC083198.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	110178   Click image for larger version

Name:	PC083208.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	110186  

Click image for larger version

Name:	PC083205.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	110194  

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 01:25 PM

Garage
WOW, that really stinks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

I would've attempted to straighten it/ closer examination/ No

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayj View Post
In mid October, I ordered a Ravetech radiator cover. As many of you know, with so many of the bikes now being made in Thailand, it will become the hotbed for knockoff's and after market parts. The company sent it out a couple of days later, and we tracked it on Thai Post to be shipped, but after 30 days, we could not figure out where it was. Finally it surfaced on a USPS site as having arrived in Jamaica, NY on 11/17, then it was not sent out for delivery until 12/5. As you can see from the pics I attached, it obviously got trapped at the end of a conveyor for quite some time. I paid around $66 US, and am guessing it will take about half that to send it back. We will see how good old USPS handles this. The Ravetech product is very nice, and I don't know if I can pound it out to straighten it.
Just me, before I would spend anymore money, I would straighten it . Had a second look, it would be a challenge as the angle is bent in several places. I personally would do it, but it would also be obvious, one question, was the item insured?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 02:37 PM

Garage
Wow thats just F-----Up hopefully UPS will make it right

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
Just me, before I would spend anymore money, I would straighten it . Had a second look, it would be a challenge as the angle is bent in several places. I personally would do it, but it would also be obvious, one question, was the item insured?
I do plan to try and straighten it, but do not want to "mess with the evidence" before I find out what the postal people will do. To complicate matters on the insurance side, the seller probably had insurance with ThaiPost, but that might not carry over to an occurrence that occurred after it left Thailand. The local USPS people have been pretty responsive so far, but we will see where that goes. Will keep you all in the loop. Merry Christmas!!!
onewizard, weljo2001 and quexpress like this.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayj View Post
I do plan to try and straighten it, but do not want to "mess with the evidence" before I find out what the postal people will do. To complicate matters on the insurance side, the seller probably had insurance with ThaiPost, but that might not carry over to an occurrence that occurred after it left Thailand. The local USPS people have been pretty responsive so far, but we will see where that goes. Will keep you all in the loop. Merry Christmas!!!
Yep! that does suck. Did you pay for it using Paypal? If so they can help you recover your money. Check out this paypal link.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...y-and-security

Hope this helps.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 05:49 PM

What’s covered with PayPal Purchase Protection

You bought a book, but received a DVD
You bought an item described as “new,” but received something that was used
You purchased 3 items, but only received 2
The item was damaged during shipping
The item is missing major parts (that the seller didn’t report)
You purchased an item described as authentic, but received a knockoff instead

#4 covers you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode